General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Curse the blazer!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 02:21 AM
Banned
blazerboyz is on a distinguished road

If it aint rattling it aint a blazer Lol. But my disslike would have to be motor mounts, cuz they break all the time and suck to put in. I found a solution to the breaking mounts tho! And tune up's!!! Damn steering shaft!! Ughhh

Old 08-12-2010, 02:25 AM
Starting Member
Bad Attitude is on a distinguished road

Yeah the rattles from the back but that is why I now have my sub cranking

And the price of parts down here $50ea for spark plugs

Old 08-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Beginning Member
Jimbotopotomous is on a distinguished road

I hate the headlights on my 95 Jimmy! Basically they just glow yellow

Old 08-12-2010, 11:21 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blazerboyz
........................ But my disslike would have to be motor mounts, cuz they break all the time and suck to put in. I found a solution to the breaking mounts tho! And tune up's!!!
yeah, it's called a chain! or a strap, if you're not manly enough!

and tune ups are easy.

Originally Posted by Bad Attitude
And the price of parts down here $50ea for spark plugs
GTFOH!!!!

Old 08-13-2010, 02:30 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Damn steering shaft!! Ughhh
Now about that steering shaft! j/k LOL

Old 08-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Banned

Yeah kiwi i know!!!!!! Your steering is on the RIGHT side lol...get it... and no tune ups are not that easy. Ive been doing now on these trucks for over 10 years and every time i get one in my stall it ruins my day. And for the motor mounts you dont run a strap or chain??? You red neck lol jk. Nah you run a big bolt through the center of the mount, then grind down the head so it will fit. And bingo no broken mount 5 years strong now.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:15 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

And for the motor mounts you dont run a strap or chain??? You red neck lol jk. Nah you run a big bolt through the center of the mount, then grind down the head so it will fit. And bingo no broken mount 5 years strong now.

nah, i like my chain more.

plus, if anybody happens to be lookin' under your hood............they'll know they better give ya some room.

or at least anybody who looked under the hood of my Jimmy did!

Old 08-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Banned

^^^^Haha lol, that is true tho if someone was lookin under the hood and saw huge chains over the motor mounts they would be like"WTF does this guy got"!

Old 08-13-2010, 10:40 PM
blueblazer1982 is on a distinguished road

gas millage 13mpg all the time. its always gotten that since it was new.

squeaky . going down the road everything rattles. door panels etc.

window seal on driver side sucks. when it rains it poors inside. riveted window motors are a pain to change. you need small fingers and a bunch of time.

remote starts are a pain in the butt to put in. i have mine starting the truck, but factory security is very tricky to bypass for the locks.....

not nearly enough room in the back. can't fit all my tools and parts....just about need a 1/2 ton with an 8' bed. plus a v8 would get better mpg

wheel bearings last about a year.

both balljoints break at the same time and cause you to veer through 4 lanes of traffic and somehow manage to put it in a ditch and not hit anything.

caliper mounting bolts randomly loosen up. i've replaced them twice. you can hear the caliper sliding on the rotor and clunking.....

alternator craps out on the coldest day and you have to use a porta-pack jumpstarter and some thinking to run your fuel injection....

batterys trays rust out really quick.

spark plugs are a pain to change . especially #3....

factory tow pkg. lights are 2 wires wrapped together with some tape. eventually the winter salt corrodes them and your trailer lights no longer function. why gm didn't use a splice idk....

on the front axle there is a sensor that keeps your 4wd engaged. (at least on mine) when out in the field running through corn stalks and woods it pops out and won't hold in 4x4.

abs no longer works because gm didn't fuse there control modules.....

hood sticks and won't open all the time.

hinge pins and bushings fail fast and the door closes hard...

it eats brake pads and rotors within a year and a half.

but it pulls trailers somewhat decent.....

Old 08-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

->Terrible mpgs -_-,my dads 97 fullsize silverado Z71 w/ a 5.7 v8 gets the same or better mpgs..wtf

->The fact that as soon as one repair is finished,another more expensive or equal one pops its ugly head up

->fact that my bravada needed specific 1997 only transfer case parts..wtf is that GM??

->as mentioned b4,the creaks and rattles that are always presesnt..and havin a system makes it even worse

->the damn spark plug by the steering shaft!!..what idiot smoked weed then designed that?

->pos ABS system,havent had abs workin in my bravada for like 7 months

->now the fact that i need a new injection spider for my 4.3,Cyl #1 isnt even fireing -_-

im sure theres more but i rather not think bout it..its making me wanna go torch the money pit

Quick Reply: Curse the blazer!!