General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Dealerships R no good.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Beginning Member
nemesis is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by beyondbasic
thissss

im a technician for a gm dealership its honestly annoying how many people call for stupid stuff if you dont know what tools you need, or how its done you shouldnt be doing it..

amen!!!

Old 09-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

By 'they', I was referring to the person that the OP spoke to. Not everyone in the dealership. I have used SI.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:19 PM
croozer is on a distinguished road

All valid points, but looking for reasons not to help someone is annoying. I was a service manager in the automotive realm and know how difficult it is to deal with the customers and the general public. If I did not know the answer, I found someone who did.
I was able to develop and hold a solid customer base. It is not "Why I cannot do it, It is "How can I do it"!!!

Last edited by croozer; 09-12-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:12 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I actually have a very good relationship with the parts department of my local Chevy dealer. Service department, not so much. But the parts guy has been beyond helpful.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road

well in my defense i called auto zone and they knew the exact hex bit i need when i told what i was doing. also i do go to the dealership for the more important things

Old 09-13-2010, 10:09 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Auto Zone customers are "Do It Yourselfers" and they are in the buiseness of selling tools & parts. The dealership does not sell tools, and the service advisor should not be having to get a hold of a service technician to find out what size tool that a customer needs to service his own vehical. That would be a waste of the service advisors time and he should not be interuplting the service technicians for this type of question.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:41 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I have been employed in the auto field in one aspect or another for over 20 years. Mostly service but the past 2 in sales. I can understand the person at the dealerships reluctance to not answering your question on many points. 1 is correct they tell you how to do the job you don.t come in, 2 they did not know the answer like some people I have worked/work with. They never turned a wrench in their life and have no idea of grease under their nails. 3 its the that dealerships thinking that if you give someone the info on how to do something and it is done wrong and something happens they may be held responsible. Do not laugh at that one I have seen it happen where infomation was given and then something went wrong and next you know you are getting called to court. I am not defending the dealer I just understand. The best thing for you to do is pick up a Mitchell manual and just learn. Thats how most of us got started in the business in the first place.

Last edited by DKSDAD; 09-13-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:50 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I agree with DKSDAD your best bet is to pick up a Chilton or something or pay for a alldata subscription.