General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Deer

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 10:33 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Blazin NC: did you see the pictures of the truck, and read the play-by-play of the carcass? not much freezer meat left by his account... maybe a summer sausage
No the fatass of a baby buck was completely intact...

Right now I am watching a movie but later will be checking to see how much new sheetmetal and front bumper/light assemblies cost... if anyone has tips or extra parts let me know... I am not asking for freebies... (just to make it clear)

Also any tips where to look for the parts let me know....

Old 10-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Starting Member
two1nine is on a distinguished road

i should be able to get you the whole dog house if needed...gotta pick n pull with a few blazers....im located in hammond (indiana side of chicago) where you at in central il...here is there number they are open 2morrow (219) 844-2642‎...oh yea and whatever price they quote you when you call if you buy on wednesday its 1/2 off

Old 10-18-2009, 12:30 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I though you said mangled AND leg removed? Damn you really should have tossed his *** in the trunk

I was able to get a bumper (just the chrome) AND a tow hitch reciever for $75 from an LKQ U-Pull-It. Shouldn't be too bad. Unless there is more wrong with it that we can't see, I'm gonna say an intact grille will be the hardest find, a radiator and fan will be the most expensive, and if you are color picky, you will have to wait longer (though red is fairly common).

Also try craigslist for part outs. First is Lafayette area,
radiator (new!)
or take your check and buy this
this would be muncie area:
talk this fool down ZR2 some rust --> well taken care of... what a dip sh*t.
4x4x4= good for kids

i suggest a new one ONLY if you get it totaled, can't find a new front end, AND dont mind still paying for that one (after using remaining cash to help on difference owed still) but driving one you would OWN...
craigslist FTW!
BONUS: steal all of your mods and anything else useful, before sending her off to the bone yard!

Last edited by ABN31B; 10-18-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:45 AM
BF Veteran

Yea.. I was thinking of taking the rims off, even though they are just tear drops... I was also going to take some trim as well as some of the minor things... and paying off the loan...

I bought in August... made only two payments... so the loan will suck most of it up if it gets totalled...

Thinking that I could get some kinda check and pick up some fenders and a hood and the radiator and supports.. etc... go with a matte black primer for the front wouldnt be bad too look at...

I went out and was showing someone the damage.... makes me cringe every time...

Old 10-18-2009, 01:08 AM
BF Veteran
Old 10-18-2009, 07:39 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wlorton
that would be worth the money, not that ZR2 ($5K for a 2000, is he nuts!?!) maybe you should steer away from the red rides though brother, wasn't the other Blaze red as well?
if the damage is mostly cosmetic, than i'd look at the buy back option too, and pull everything from the wreckers for it. good luck.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:30 AM
SmokeDogg is an unknown quantity at this point

i would keep it andfix it myself , there doesn't appear to be that much damage, the most expensive repair on it would be the paint and if you flat black it...problem solved

Old 10-18-2009, 02:26 PM
BF Veteran

KBB= 5500ish
blazers with more miles a little newer = 6000ish
estimate=6000ish
Calling the local pull and save to see how much the stuff would cost...
Looked at some oem parts that would cost about 1400 for the doors radiator, latches, and other various items..

Old 10-18-2009, 03:10 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

doors got screwed up!? Damn. i paid $45 for my D side front door (ding free!), BUT I stripped it of EVERYTHING except glass and window motor. Working on prep to paint from time to time (<-- is lazy). its a U-Pull-It style yard, meaning what ever time you put into the part you want is $ off the top at the counter. be creative....

*also, ask the guy (forgot his name )with the mad max push bumper for his recipe... you will be mowing down moose in no time

Last edited by ABN31B; 10-18-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Beginning Member
SC0RPI0 is on a distinguished road

Trust me man fixing it ur self wit junk yard parts WAY less than any repair estimate. I've had to do it once before. those u pull it places r great.

Quick Reply: Deer