General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Deer

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 01:59 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B
I was thinking the same thing! LOL. And it looks like the animal kingdom's own Blazer got some revenge too. The coyote, while small and unassuming at first glance, covers an amazing amount of ground. These rugged critters can climb steep grades with the right lift and tires, look SO smooth dropped to the floor with all handles shaved, or just as God intended; digging through your trash...

Personally, i like the early 1st gen body style. I think the man upstairs did his finest work with the boxy style scavangers.
couldn't agree with you more, just luv'd the look of my '92. i think the GMC's were better looking than the Chevy's in the 1st gen, but it's the other way around in the 2nd gen's. that's just my opinion.

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Stay strong and get your tap dancing shoes. Stretch out before jumping through hoops, and tap into old skool luvr's lexicon. you'll come out with $8,5000...

BTW I am aware that $8,5000 is not a number. I'm being positive people. give it a shot
you've got to stop smoking the GP from the 50 cal brother, it's gonna rot your brain!

Old 10-19-2009, 03:04 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i was talking about 1st gen coyotes.... but yeah, the jimmy's/blazers did look better in the (early) roarin' 90's.

BTW i preffer huffing the 40mm casings

Old 10-19-2009, 06:48 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

that sucks big time
when i was in a wreck in june, the ONLY thing that forced me to let go of my blazer was that the air bags deployed
new ones were worth more then the truck, and the insurance company gave us a little over 5k for it
if the air bags hadnt deployed i would have fixed it and drove it another 100k
best wishes man

Old 10-20-2009, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

So adjuster called and they are totaling it.... but... he found a complete front end for 1500ish and was thinking of trying to crunch the numbers involved before totaling it...

Old 10-20-2009, 07:55 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Well that sucks they are totalling it. It really didn't look like that much damage. I knew you'd be able to find a new front end for under 6k. 1500 isn't bad. If you can do it, keep your truck!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:13 PM
cage47 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I bought mine in Feb munched. I had to replace rad frame, both fenders, hood radiator and fan (at first) I ended up spending about $1250 for parts. Some LKQ down here and mirrors from ebay.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:02 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

all in all, $1,500 for the damage doesn't sound too bad. I'm sure if you piece it back together, you can do it cheaper (before paint). Depends on your mobility situation. As the weather starts to suck more, more Blazers end up in the bone yard. And less part hungry a-holes to pilfer your loot.
Pray for snow... If they do total it, how much are they going to give you for the salvage?, and how much to buy back?

Old 10-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Nathan1991 is on a distinguished road

ya that sounds pretty good, my freind wrecked his whole front end on his 07 dodge magnum and ended up in the same position as you, debating whether to write it off or not. He stuck with it and got a whole new front end and it actually turned out to be better than it was before the crash lol

Old 10-20-2009, 10:38 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

$1500 for the front end, does that include the bags & sensors? i priced out another '98, except fot it being dk blue, it was a twin to mine, had even less miles on it too (i think it was around 118K (a little over 73000 miles). i figured out the cost to be $2000, and the damage wan't any where near as bad as yours. that didn't include bags or sensors either.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Starting Member
two1nine is on a distinguished road

damn that blows that they are totaling another good blazer...can you keep it?

Quick Reply: Deer