General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Deer

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 04:05 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

x2. There's no way you'd spend 6k if you rebuilt it yourself.
What happened to the doors? Is there more damage you can't see in those pics?

Old 10-18-2009, 05:40 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

If you look at my driver side door, when we bought it, it sit a little higher than the back door... its not a big deal, just something that was put into the estimate... as the guy who did the estimate did it while no one was out there, so he did it without even looking under the hood, but he is the best local guy, and probably does the most work as he likes to flaunt his ssr and his new vette every once in awhile...

I have two ideas... Call the pull and save place... and then have the future bro in law bring his truck down and we strip a 98+ blazer's front end until it looks like there is nothing left... and then work on it time to time, every weekend until its better...
or
Buy a cheaper 98+ with motor/trans problems and make a franken blazer.. and then let you guys fight over the left overs lol... but seriously, mine is/was perfectly fine, g80 worked well, 4x4 had no problems, all windows went up and down like supposed to, hell, I was washing it every weekend I was home....

Quick questions... I know there is a different wheelbase and ride heights for the 2doors compared to the 4 doors... but

Could I use the entire front clip from a two door on mine? oh and my fog lights are didnt break, nor did my turn signals although one has a scratch now... my headlights are another story...

Question 2...
Complete factory headlight price versus aftermarket or "euro" price?

And if it doesnt get totaled and I can end up doing most of the work myself, I might just go ahead and order me a 6in superlift.... 6k for the estimate... pull and save estimate of 2k at most... or even buying a donor car... and then thats 4k to throw at the loan and my fiancee and my lift kit ... but we shall see tomorrow

Old 10-18-2009, 06:23 PM
BF Veteran

Sorry for a double post... but if the frankenblazer becomes the reality... Someone should def think about taking a roadtrip to my hometown and lend a hand lol

Old 10-18-2009, 06:49 PM
BF Veteran

Heres the deer... looks bigger in real life..

Attached Thumbnails Deer-img00072-20091018-1559.jpg  
Old 10-18-2009, 07:00 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

OMG! this is a family site! Carcasses will ONLY be displayed neatly packaged!

As for ride hight, unless the blazer is a ZR2, some one changed it (lifted) or it has the High Wider package, should match up fine.

if you want stock headlights, troll craigslist and look for the kid dumping his after buying euros.... or snake em from the junkyard.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:06 AM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

I would try to take the money and fix it yourself without totaling it. Having a branded title isn't worth it in the end. I put a new frontend on my s10 after my girlfriend hit a bridge gaurdrail last winter. I think that it is definitely cheaper to just buy the parts and fix it then get a parts vehicle.

I have stock turn signals that I'll sell on the cheap if you decide to fix it yourself.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:19 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I know the truck was pretty damaged, but that deer got f'd up too lol. I think the truck may have actually won the fight.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:49 AM
BF Veteran
Wink

Originally Posted by Sisk
I know the truck was pretty damaged, but that deer got f'd up too lol.
I was thinking the same thing! LOL. And it looks like the animal kingdom's own Blazer got some revenge too. The coyote, while small and unassuming at first glance, covers an amazing amount of ground. These rugged critters can climb steep grades with the right lift and tires, look SO smooth dropped to the floor with all handles shaved, or just as God intended; digging through your trash...

Personally, i like the early 1st gen body style. I think the man upstairs did his finest work with the boxy style scavangers.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:03 PM
BF Veteran

Waiting to talk to the adjuster after class... fml... scared to hear what he is going to say

Old 10-19-2009, 01:29 PM
BF Veteran

Stay strong and get your tap dancing shoes. Stretch out before jumping through hoops, and tap into old skool luvr's lexicon. you'll come out with $8,5000...

BTW I am aware that $8,5000 is not a number. I'm being positive people. give it a shot

Quick Reply: Deer