General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Deer

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 02:12 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

IMO, it's still a pain in the *** to reach over the front seats Lorton. but at least you still have your 4 door for a project truck, and hopefully you can get 'er back on the road soon.
GL with the 2 door, keep us posted if you pick it up.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Starting Member
W2JGA is an unknown quantity at this point

If your gonna keep it to fix it, and run with a tarnished title, to protect yourself should you decide to sell it later on after the repairs are done, TAKE PICTURES OF EVERYTHING YOU DO. That way the tarnished title won't look all that bad to the new owner.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Beginning Member
stsrus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sisk
2dr FTW!
...if you don't carry more then one passenger that often it's definitely worth it. The 2dr's look way better IMO.
I have to agree, the 2 door looks better , I never even have the back seats up. But then it's just me , my wife , and our dog and he has no trouble getting in or out

Old 11-01-2009, 06:21 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by W2JGA
If your gonna keep it to fix it, and run with a tarnished title, to protect yourself should you decide to sell it later on after the repairs are done, TAKE PICTURES OF EVERYTHING YOU DO. That way the tarnished title won't look all that bad to the new owner.
Funny thing... Title is CLEAN.... lol... Ya.. The insurance just didnt want to pay for the damages so it was totaled... still driveable but not atm and basically the title went straight from the bank to my father's hands, although it has my name.

The fun thing is looking for another blazer... there is a prospective 2dr but depending on some circumstances, I might pay off my fiancee's car (2dr stratus sxt '04 with under 90k) just to get a little better financial footing... but idk... stuff is up in the air, I might just have to get the 2dr because the dealership is known for haggling, I talked an 18k Caddy down to 16.2, and then the fiancee's parents talked em down to 15.7, but passed on it for a 10k 04 pontiac that had under 40/50k miles on it.... but only time shall tell, and as for the guy who gave the estimate... He called my mother and offered to find parts for cheap just so I could get back on the road... man I am lucky kinda.... I still hate the fact that the blazer is sitting in a garage getting no love...

Old 11-01-2009, 07:10 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Thats sweet that you still have a clean title. I'd just fix up the four door and be done. As much as I want to say get the 2 door, imo you'd just be spreading yourself out too much. Might as well fix yours now and do what you want with it and then worry about another toy later on.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by sporty_drew
EVERY THING I SAID!.
seriously, i agree 100% with drew! I know how much fun having toy plans can be, but I know all too well about spreading myself too thin (00 Blazer and wifes 02 Exploder literally EAT $)
Drew = genius

Old 11-01-2009, 08:59 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i don't know how the hell you managed to have the truck writen off, and still have a clean title (lucky sum bitch).
i'd skip the searching for another one then (if i was you), just fix it, do some mods (if you really want to), and bank the rest for a rainy day. 'cause you never know what could be around the corner.
personally, i've been on a "hopefully it's only for a short while" lay-off since the first week of June. so having a little extra in the bank is always a good thing.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:27 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Wow.... how in the world did you manage to get a clean titled out of a totaled truck?! Lucky!!

I would just fix that thing up and drive it like it was never wrecked and pay of the fiancee's car. Financial footing is never a bad thing!