General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Deer

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Nathan1991 is on a distinguished road

Old skool: I dont think the bags went off so that's one positive here

Old 10-21-2009, 12:29 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i guess since most damage was abouve the bumper, that saved him costly repairs. the one i was looking @ nailed a 4x4 sign post in Feb, right to the inside of the passenger's HL. didn't damage the hood much (a little "pucker" @ the lip of it). to bad the bags are so friggin' expensive. it figures i let it go, i stripped a Jimmy in April, coulda used those bags...................oh well.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Drive it around with no bags and a metal dash like grandpa used to!
eat bacon every day, smoke unfiltered cigarettes and dont take ANY medication. live to be 94 or so...

OR

put your air bags in and anything past 50 is on you

Old 10-21-2009, 02:34 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

sooo its totaled,

Loan for the vehicle itself 4k
Made a few payments...

Totaled out for 4.8-5k... still being debated...
There is a 98 with 232k miles for sale here for $5,555.. So we are trying to negotiate just a little more...

And I get to buy it back for $250.....

Good outcome.. but still a big pain in my ***

Old 10-21-2009, 02:46 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
sooo its totaled,

Loan for the vehicle itself 4k
Made a few payments...

Totaled out for 4.8-5k... still being debated...
There is a 98 with 232k miles for sale here for $5,555.. So we are trying to negotiate just a little more...

And I get to buy it back for $250.....

Good outcome.. but still a big pain in my ***

That is an ridiculous price on the 98. Would you be buying that one for the parts?

Old 10-21-2009, 03:06 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i think $5,555 is the one he's pointing at for the TOTALED check. NOT TO BUY. he's saying, hey they want 5.5k for trash, and mine was the apple of my eye.... pony up!

as for $250 to get her back!?!?!? ROFL take that! you can pay off loan, buy back your ride, AND do all the needed repairs FOR FREE!!!! (not ALL repairs, just make her road worthy at least)

the only thing you lose is a few more parts to put on her, and the pain of driving your baby around half done for a bit.

total on title = suck
paid off loan = you FTW!

put your normal car payment toward fixing what is left over and you come out HUGE on this

*pumps it up slightly*

Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

X2 on the buy back price! that's less than what a friend of mine paid for a '98 LT @ auction last week.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:19 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I think he's comparing the 98 with 232k or $5,555 to his totaled truck.

i.e. "Hey mine has less miles and is newer than this 98 for 5,555 so why can't i get at least that much for mine instead of 4.8-5k"

Old 10-21-2009, 07:33 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Haha got ya guys. I think it'll be a good deal in the end without having a payment, but I don't like branded titles. They were going to do that to my truck and I said that i'd take the lost to keep the title clean. Worked out good when I went to sell it and came out ahead. Never would have worked that way with a branded title. Either way good luck man.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:47 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Looks like... I will buy it back and then put a down payment on another blazer... idk what year... but it will be 4x4x4....

Quick Reply: Deer