General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

dilemma... advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road
Default dilemma... advice?

so im about to finish my blazers problem and looking for a bit of advice..

I got my ac delco cap and rotor now.. what i need advice on is-would it be alright to change those out right now and then do the wires at a later time or should I do it all at the same time? What would be the drawbacks of just doing the cap and rotor (if any) without the wires?

I inspected my wires they are still in perfect condition, no burns or slices or cut or anything like that.. but i know they aren't delco.. hence my dilemma and in search of proper advice.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:43 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If you have the cash, I would get your delco wires now. It can't hurt to replace the cap and keep the wires you have now.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:54 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

I don't have the cash for the wires at the moment, I had to buy a new strut and a key for my camaro, so im tapped out. Made sure to get the cap and rotor though first..

As long as it won't hurt it with the old wires then i should be good til next week WHOO HOO!!! Thanks

Old 08-31-2011, 01:10 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you can afford the AC/Delco wires, fine and dandy (I use them), but I feel any top quality wire set will work just fine.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:27 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I'm running Napa cap and rotor (all brass contacts) and Taylor wires BUT AC Delco plugs. Oh, and an Accel coil.

My experience is that as long as you have quality ignition components AND AC Delco plugs, you will be just fine.