General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

ZR2 Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 05:44 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough
Default ZR2 Dilemma

I hope to sell my truck soon and purchase a ZR2. There's several ZR2's for sale in my area that are in decent-to-excellent shape for roughly the same price.

First I found this Blazer on a Facebook group. It's a hidden gem (hidden meaning he has not advertised it anywhere else, or pushed to get it sold). He doesn't need it anymore, and is well maintained. I've talked with the guy, and other then having a bad battery (needed a jump) it seems like it's in fine condition. He's asking $3,500 but said the price has wiggle room. Needs tires though (that's $500-$700 from my pocket). It has 130,000k miles but he only put on 22k since he bought it 7 years ago (same tires aswell) as it was only a winter vehicle.

Then today I came across this at a used car lot. Same price (marked down from $5k) with 96k miles. Body isn't quite in as good shape (scratches/peeled paint on bumpers and flares) and has tint that will need to go. I also dislike the wheels (not to picky though... I have a set of 4 cheap Camaro rims I'm watching), but the tires seem in good condition (less money I'll need to spend). I haven't talked with anyone about it, haven't heard her run, and the doors were locked... but it looks clean. That dealer doesn't have the greatest rep either.

So I'm not sure which ZR2 I should go after. Opinions?

Old 07-25-2012, 06:01 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

If it were me i would go with the second one if you drive it and everything seems fine, it needs less $ because of tires and the peeling paint on the flares and bumpers is a cheap fix. im sure you are well aware of what to check, but something i just thought about is listen for vacuum leaks. You know they are an easy fix but it might be a easy way to get the price down if you hear one.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:45 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

ya that sencond one looks great and those tires are great tires

Old 07-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

I'd go for the private sale, and try and get it under $3k.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:31 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
If it were me i would go with the second one if you drive it and everything seems fine, it needs less $ because of tires and the peeling paint on the flares and bumpers is a cheap fix. im sure you are well aware of what to check, but something i just thought about is listen for vacuum leaks. You know they are an easy fix but it might be a easy way to get the price down if you hear one.
what do they sound like?

Old 07-25-2012, 08:00 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Just a sucking sound. Like your house vacuum makes just not as loud. well hopefully lol.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:11 PM
BF Veteran

alright thanks lol. might see about test driving it later this week if it's still there.