General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

DIY ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 03:14 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
I don't see the "off road" look being applicable to Craigs Blazer though. Not with the running boards and other accessories he has. His Blazer does not have an off road look to it in the least bit. I wouldn't recommend getting a brush guard or roof baskets or anything like that. I just think it would look out of place on a "grampa blazer" (no offense to you Craig...your Blazer does look nice, it's just a Grampa vehicle with the running boards). I could see doing roof lights though, but they're not usually cheap.

How about devoting all your time to finding a job first, then start planning projects once you have income? There's not much you can do without a job and no money...just my . Get your priorities in order dude. Your 17 right? That's a year thats gone by that you could have been working and saving for your truck. Hell, even if it's @ rotten ronny's flipping burgers, it's still income.
Yeah my truck isn't meant for off roading =D

I actually earn a bit of money doing websites. I'm doing 6 right now o.o but I'm gonna get a job once I'm out of school this june.

But most DIY mods are cheap.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
I don't see the "off road" look being applicable to Craigs Blazer though. Not with the running boards and other accessories he has. His Blazer does not have an off road look to it in the least bit. I wouldn't recommend getting a brush guard or roof baskets or anything like that. I just think it would look out of place on a "grampa blazer" (no offense to you Craig...your Blazer does look nice, it's just a Grampa vehicle with the running boards). I could see doing roof lights though, but they're not usually cheap.

$30 thats it.....

How about devoting all your time to finding a job first, then start planning projects once you have income? There's not much you can do without a job and no money...just my . Get your priorities in order dude. Your 17 right? That's a year thats gone by that you could have been working and saving for your truck. Hell, even if it's @ rotten ronny's flipping burgers, it's still income.
Originally Posted by ABN31B
damn man, i got the wrong job as a kid then....

i washed dishes/ran a drive through at a rotten ronny's *lol btw* for enough cash to cover my insurance and fuel for the Nova.....

I guess i could have lived in the back seat and had my own home and vehicle too.....

wtf high school job did you have? plastic surgeon?
im in highschool and i work for john deere. mostly setup though. you know that mower you got i put that together from pieces... kinda scary since im only 17 also there is jobs out there its just highschool students usually have something else on their minds

:sorry about getting offtopic craig:

Old 02-20-2010, 01:01 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I got roof lights on my Grampa Blaza! LOL

Old 02-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

The corners you would def. have to check with state law, even though I KNOW you can get amber lights to light up the clears. I dont want to be held liable for lending you the idea that gets you a ticket or fails a "check"

Im a HS drop-out, so I have nothing interesting to share, I paid rent @ 15 so I was working FT at the local pizza joint, worked the state into getting my license before my graduating class and got bumped up to delivery driver @ said pizza joint...damn this was nearly 11yrs ago

Old 02-20-2010, 05:36 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
I got roof lights on my Grampa Blaza! LOL
Ken, you're truck is not by any means a grampa Blazer...even if it's a grampa driving it . Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm going to hijack here for a second...
To answer your question Curtis...I had a job from the very day I turned 16. I started working at Dairy Queen flipping burgers, but only stayed there for 3 months. I then moved on to work at Superstore (aka Loblaws, a grocery store) and was there for 3 years through out high school. Straight out of high school I started working full time at a Bank on salary. Living at my parents place at the time and having next to no bills (short of car insurance) meant 90% of my cash was expendable. This allowed me to save up to buy my civic off my parents, and shortly there after secure a mortgage to purchase my own home at the age of 19. Having a salaried job helped a lot with that though. Grant it, I only live in a mobile home (or trailer if you'd like) but it's still MY home (I refused to have my parents name on anything) and honestly it's pretty damn nice. It's not by any means a run down place like you might think. Was it easy taking all this on at 19 and living on my own for the past 2 years? Hell no. I hit flat broke several times over the past couple of years (as recently as a few months ago). But, now that I have a great job with a decent salary + commission I can't complain. I'm finally at a point now where I can be fairly comfortable financially and start thinking about saving and maybe even renovating to sell and move into an actual house.

Now that we have that out of the way (sorry for the life history lol) back on topic to stop hijacking Craig's thread...

Craig, you do have a point that most DIY projects are cheap, but you still have to purchase any materials you will need for the project. I know you'd already done some painting (which is pretty cheap) but now that you're looking for bigger and badder DIY projects they can still get pretty pricey.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:39 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Craig, you do have a point that most DIY projects are cheap, but you still have to purchase any materials you will need for the project. I know you'd already done some painting (which is pretty cheap) but now that you're looking for bigger and badder DIY projects they can still get pretty pricey.
That's true. And I don't really have a prob spending some cash to do the projects, but I don't have the ideas (reason for making this thread).

Anyway another idea I had was swaping out the center-console from an xTreme blazer (here's one on ebay). $100 isn't bad with snipping.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:52 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Only reason I'm bringing up cost is because 90% of your previous posts were looking for cheap (or free) mods...and you always say since you don't have a job you have no money, so I assumed you wanted to do projects that didn't cost a lot.

As for that console...I'm 99% sure those aren't xtreme specific. They came on any later 2nd gen Blazer that had a column shifter if I'm not mistaken...
Anyway, that one has some odd staining on it. You could always paint it though or refinish it. Does your Blazer have the column shifter?

Old 02-20-2010, 07:47 PM
BF Veteran

That's true, I do earn money but since I have to put a lot away (car insurance for example).

Ok that makes sense (the column shifter) guess that one is from the SONOMA? And my shifter is behind the wheel so that one would work. And I'll probably be painting it gray anyway because the blue would clash with my red/gray interior. ^^

Old 02-21-2010, 12:05 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

DIY Spoiler? Cheap and will keep the Blazer grounded.

I've had a job since I was 14. Still working there too. I probably have made over $25 000. Not too sure where it all went though.

I've almost got the Blazer paid off, but few hours at work and more expenses than income have kinda halted my progress. I did my income tax today and I will get back a lot less than I though I would. Time for a second job now that hockey season is over and I have the time!

Old 02-21-2010, 12:18 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

well if you're gonna diy a spoiler...

but seriously: DIY chrome. since you are not a lift and mud kind of ride. might as well bling it out.

Quick Reply: DIY ideas?