General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Do your friends complain about the handle on the dash? (2nd gen)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Beginning Member
gmc004x4 is on a distinguished road

stop short a couple times and let them bang there head on it.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Banned
TFisher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gmc004x4
stop short a couple times and let them bang there head on it.
That saves me a lot of gas because then no one wants me to drive! Also makes my passengers put their freakin seatbelt on. From sitting in the back seat to kissing the faceplate on the stereo on 0.05 seconds -- priceless.

Regards,

Thomas

Old 01-26-2010, 06:16 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

That's hilarious that they don't like it enough to not let you drive. completely ridiculous...but good for you I guess.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:08 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Only one person ever has- my girlfriend. Thats because she drops stuff on the floor all the time and there are rare instances where she bangs her forehead into it.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Banned
TFisher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Phil
Only one person ever has- my girlfriend. Thats because she drops stuff on the floor all the time and there are rare instances where she bangs her forehead into it.
That mus be the reason then because I have seen them do it. And yes, the handle on the dash has kept the Blazer home a few times. I'm supposed to give my friend a ride home from college tomorrow night, and I convinced him that I was bringing my dad's Cavalier (no handle) wait 'till I show up in the Blazer. I'll let you know the response.

Although, my ex loved it because she was super short !

Regards,

Thomas

Old 01-26-2010, 01:00 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

that handle is nicknamed the "OH-****-BAR" but I haven't had any complaints about it. I think its a pretty nice feature

Old 01-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Beginning Member
toxikchevy is on a distinguished road

We had that handle in our 99 Silverado and I loved it. My buddy held on to it the hole duration that i wrecked that truck. He had ahold of it like it was a cycle bar . I kinda like the glove box I have but the handle would be nicer.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:51 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RangerG
I've bussed many people around before, and never had anyone even mention it. It's funny that it is such a big deal to your friends. Sounds like a nice walk home would fix em though!
until this thread, i never realized there was a handle/bar over there-seriously! (guess it's obvious i'm never a passenger in my truck ) and yes i do clean the inside of my truck (i know someone was gonna go there).

Originally Posted by zedartwo
My GF sticks her feet under it and loves it! Never had anyone else even say a peep about it!

oh, i so can't coment on that one (at least not on here! )

Originally Posted by oktain

When he told me to go self-reproduce I said "Hey, the door hinge sounded kinda squeaky, can you shut the door and open it back up?" as I leaned over, he shut the door, I locked it and drove away. He never made fun of my truck again lmao... Actually he hasn't really spoken to me either since then... Another blessing.

priceless!

Old 02-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

The Jimmy has one, and I like it. I always find myself hanging on for dear life when the wifey's driving.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:43 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr

oh, i so can't coment on that one (at least not on here! )
You would be the one to take it to that level. Were here having a conversation about a handle that YOU didn't even know about, and you go and foul it with that kinda talk.

Well leave it at that!

Quick Reply: Do your friends complain about the handle on the dash? (2nd gen)