General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Does anybody have "Road Gremlin" repellant??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Starting Member
Yooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anybody have "Road Gremlin" repellant??

OK, so within the last mont I have had to replace my driver's side door jamb switch, hood latch and cable, Blend door actuator and today I just got done replacing both rear calipers. One was seized up so I figured I would replace everything on the end of the brake line.

Another thing I am trying to tackle is my e-brake. It dosen't work. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but I am about to move to Alaska and I am going to ship my vehicle (at governments expense ). The company I am shipping through requires that the e-brake is operational. When I decided to do my brakes I noticed that my e-brake shoes are fine. I just figured I would need to adjust it. I crawled under and the adjuster is UBER-rusted. I have tried everything. Then I noticed that the flat part of the adjuster rod was actually twisting. Any suggestions out there. WD-40 didn't work and heat didn't work.

I hope the road gremlins leave my vehicle soon. I am getting a little tired of working on things like this.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:07 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Use bright light. water will only make the problem worse...

Hit it with PB Blaster. Tap it with a hammer. Blast. Hammer. It will loosen up eventaully. If heat didn't work, dont try it again after blasting... you will be "unhappy" with the results...

Could be worse though. You could be this moron's parents. Nice helmet Evil Knievel...