General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Ebay Performance Chips...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 08:20 PM
Starting Member
danmiranda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ebay Performance Chips...

Link

I stumbled upon this, I figured I'd ask if anyone actually tried it. Anyone try it? Its not something I think I would buy off of ebay..

Old 05-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Ebay Performance Chips...

Garbage. Discussed in quite a few threads.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Starting Member
carterx is on a distinguished road

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried out these Performance Chips that you can get on ebay such as these:

Performance Chips Link 1

Performance Chips Link 2

I have never really needed one and have always been sketchy about Performance chips, but when I read the comments that users post, they say they are seeing a in crease in power and some fuel mileage. For Cost that they are, maybe worth trying but figured I'd ask if any other have tried these.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:17 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by carterx
Just wondering if anyone has ever tried out these Performance Chips that you can get on ebay such as these:

Performance Chips Link 1

Performance Chips Link 2

I have never really needed one and have always been sketchy about Performance chips, but when I read the comments that users post, they say they are seeing a in crease in power and some fuel mileage. For Cost that they are, maybe worth trying but figured I'd ask if any other have tried these.

1. BS

2. LMAO 30mpg??? also BS

Old 05-13-2009, 12:53 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

didnt you hear?....everything ebay promises comes true. seriously tho those chips will add as much power as stick on fender vents, just keep the 20 bucks and put it towards something thats proven to work. (intake,exhaust,etc.)

Old 05-13-2009, 02:39 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Dyno the blaze, Buy it, install it, and dyno the blaze again. Post results.

What do you have to lose?

Old 05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by WolfPack
Dyno the blaze, Buy it, install it, and dyno the blaze again. Post results.

What do you have to lose?
Well the 20 bucks for the chip not to mention the couple hundred for 2 dynos?

Old 05-14-2009, 03:19 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

hahah good point

Old 05-14-2009, 06:00 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

I could of sworn we went through this discussion before ... the eBay chips are nothing more than a resistor, not worth it as they will cause more problems for you in the long run and defiantly do not do what they claim to do, remember you get what you pay for.