General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

engine number

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Starting Member
thetodd51 is on a distinguished road
Default engine number

I am currently in Turkey and have had my Blazer shipped over here but they will not release it until they find my engine id number. I have a 2004 Blazer 4dr 4x4 with the vortec v6 if any one can tell me where to locate the number it would be greatly apperciated

Old 04-30-2010, 01:10 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I would think it is cast into the side of the block... Swartlkk or Gimpy will know this one for sure. I did a quick google search for you and it seems they are on the top rear of the block and it is 8 digits.

Last edited by ohsofly; 04-30-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

GM used to stamp the partial vin to the block deck in front of the passenger side cylinder head (what would be under the alternator), but I do not think this area is available on the 4.3L.

There should be a tag or label somewhere on the engine. I can't remember where it is exactly.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:54 AM
bulwaagh is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
GM used to stamp the partial vin to the block deck in front of the passenger side cylinder head (what would be under the alternator), but I do not think this area is available on the 4.3L.

There should be a tag or label somewhere on the engine. I can't remember where it is exactly.
Mine appears to be displayed with the emissions statement on the radiator shroud. Unless I'm confusing the request for a VIN vs engine model number.