General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Ever done something this stupid?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 08:30 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I decided to wire up the lighter on my '80 Seirra Grande 4x4 years ago. Found a hot wire & spliced into it. Hooked up a ground & it tested just fine.
A few days later I was driving the bosses wife home in the winter so we took my truck & I pushed in the lighter. OMFG all the interior lights came on! The lighter worked just fine but installing/testing it during the daytime I didn't notice the lights.
She had a great laugh over that!

Also, being 18 years old (long time ago) I decided to show a female friend that farts ARE actually flamable!!! Yeah - NEVER do that when you're wearing sweats! I leaned back on a flight of steps, pushed it out & with a lighter right there "POOF"... it kept flaming up in my sweats & I smacked at it madly trying to put the flames out.

Last edited by Rottidog; 11-24-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:34 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rottidog
I decided to wire up the lighter on my '80 Seirra Grande 4x4 years ago. Found a hot wire & spliced into it. Hooked up a ground & it tested just fine.
A few days later I was driving the bosses wife home in the winter so we took my truck & I pushed in the lighter. OMFG all the interior lights came on! The lighter worked just fine but installing/testing it during the daytime I didn't notice the lights.
She had a great laugh over that!

Lol i did too i can picture it right now

Old 11-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Beginning Member
retwizted is an unknown quantity at this point

ok i'll share my mistake with my blazer, bout a week after i bought it i used some sea foam through the vacuum lines, you know clean things up runs better etc, like i have on every vehicle i have ever owned stuff works amazing. well i popped of the hose going into the brake booster, and as everyone knows you need to poor the stuff in slowly, as i was pouring it in, i didn't realize it had such a suction that i was nearly DUMPING the stuff in, well a few seconds went by and on the passenger side by the manifold there was sudden fire!!! freaking out i didn't know what to do i panic'd, turned the truck off, and for no reason ran in circles in front of the truck :\ i have no idea why, anywho finally got my head together ran over to my water bottle in the truck grabbed in and when i got back it was out.. lol only a 15 second fire, but i had to replace some heat shield stuff by the ac unit and the heat fan housing, and 2 spark plug wires. but hey thankfully nothing else happened, didn't even leave sute on anything lol good as new now