General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Fender flares (rust shame-hiders)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 08:17 AM
Beginning Member
WizardMaster is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
I am fairly certain you will have to mod the Bushwackers to fit the rear....it doesn't say anything about 2 or 4 door anywhere. Not sure if they make the 4 door anymore..
Damn! Where's that LIKE button???? Anyway, I agree and I was getting to that conclusion. Hopping that the rear wheel wheels of a 2 door SUV like that Vitara resemble that of the 4 door rear quarter panel wheel well. I'll have to look closely at a lot of vehicle photos. Bushwhackers are expensive and I can't find any that come close to 4 to 6" but they will look good above my 37's to 42's.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:47 PM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

You could always be a trend setter and make your own.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:42 AM
Beginning Member
WizardMaster is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eshaw
You could always be a trend setter and make your own.
When I was in the Marine Corps in California, a friend of mine came back from the hardware store with that trim that runs along the wall and has a curve at the bottom and I think it was rubber and black. I helped him do what he was doing and the flares turned it great and of course the 'turned/curved side went to the outside and downward!! I've never lost that idea but it's not for my project. On a car with wide tires it looks ok but cheap. On a 4 X 4 it needs to cover and wrap around the whole arch. The corner edges are where the rust issues are because sand get's trapped in there and holds moisture great until the sand is set free by Mr. Corrosion........ THIS is why I won't turn my truck into a mud buggy! If you are rich and can afford $5000 a week to play and repair, go for it. I'd be just fine running along the sidelines, dry trails and climbing and the occasional puddle along the way, parades, or street driving. I have no problem with creeks and shallow rivers as long as it's not muddy! It's the grit in the water, once it's stirred up that get's you. I will enjoy the rich folks entertaining me while destroying their pride and joy. Gotta love em' though.........