General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

First time changing oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:05 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
I use AC Delco or Purolator PureOne on my truck and the Wife's car

that's funny, i've actually heard those Purolator's are the worst.

a friend of mine actually had a customer @ the Firestone center he worked @ a few years ago, have one of those Purolator's blow the body completely off the base about a week after the oil change. of course the engine ran dry before anything lit up.

i'm not knocking the Purolator's or anything, i'm just saying, i've heard stories about them as well.

i'm not trying to turn your thread about your oil change into another rant about oil filters, BD, but i'm just saying............with all of the oil changes i've done over the last 20 years, and having used only Frams for the last 14 (on an average of 4 cars @ a time) & how often i change the oil in my trucks, i've NEVER had an issue with one.

not sticking, not crushing, not tearing apart upon removal........nothing. ever.

and there's no way i'm that lucky.

hmmmm, but that could explain why i never seem to land the big #'s on the lottery.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:34 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
that's funny, i've actually heard those Purolator's are the worst.
The link I provided mentions that the downfall of the PureOne was that it may be too dense with filter and may restrict flow. Like I said I alternate between the two. Wally World had PF52's on sale for under $2 each so I stocked up. I use PF52's in both vehicles, gives the car a little more filter.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:03 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i hear ya TBB.

and while all knowldge is good to have, i think we've jack'd BD's thread long enough now.

guess you've got a little more bounce to your step now, eh BD?