General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

flame thrower

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flame thrower

I was just wondering if this kit would work with our blazers.

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autol...c=flamethrower

Old 12-01-2007, 12:26 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: flame thrower

That's a universal kit, and a tad pricey, too. Two things: 1-you can find cheaper, 2-they are illegal so be careful where you use them if you do decide to purchase!

Check out eBay (click). Here's the exact same kit (single) for $119.95 shipped. The site you linked wants $125 and it was too much hassle to see how much shipping would be but I can only assume there will be added charges for shipping.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

they are not worth the money. my friend mike has a flame kit on his jeep cheerokee and it stopped working after the 4th time use.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:39 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

wouldnt those be really dangerous? im not sure exactly how they work but i would thing it just ignites the exhaust fumes.

last year my friends and i made a potato-gun out of pvc pipe. (i have pics) we used the big cans of right-guard as the fuel and we used a propane grill starter with the wire mounted inside the combustion chamber. anyways, we were playin around spraying the right0guard all over the place and with a cigarette lighter, we would make a sort of flame thrower. we started the flame about 2" from the edge iof the can but as you spray it, the flames gets closer and closer to the spray-nozzle. if the flame happened to get into the can enough, it would have been catastrophic. (ie BOOM).

i would think by igniting the exhaust, there would be a high risk for the flame to travel into the engine...

like on Joe Dirt, when he pees onto the fire

Old 12-01-2007, 11:36 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Autoloc makes a great kit like you have there in that link, but as far as use outta it, your probably going to use it a few times then forget you have it and then eventually tear it out!!!

Old 12-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the thing is a couple kids said that they would pay for me to get is if they could use my truck to tow the parade float at the homecoming parade, and they want me to shoot flames whiled driving.

I just want to know if my truck is compatible with this kit.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:42 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

yes your truck is capable with this kit, its ability as a universal kit makes it compatible with all makes and models!!!