General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Which Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Which Gauge?

The Aeroforce gauge can display trans temp, intake air temp, and pretty much any other parameter that the PCM monitors (2 parameters at a time).

Anyway, if you just need another gauge to put in, I would go with oil pressure.

I'm thinking of putting a dual pillar pod on my Rainier with trans temp and oil pressure as the oil pressure gauge in the dash isn't much better than an idiot light.

Oh and without putting another sending unit in the tank, you will get the same accuracy with an aftermarket fuel level gauge...

Old 03-03-2008, 03:28 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Fuel pressure

Know in advance when your pump is going out and plan ahead! lol

Old 03-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know how much advanced warning the typical fuel pump death gives... Would help in diagnosis.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:45 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya thats actually a pretty good idea goin w/ the fuel pressure guage

Old 03-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

well the local autoparts store by me sells Autometer oil temp and water temp gauges. So I'm leaning towards one of the two gauges since I can get them now versus ordering them.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Well... I guess between the two of them, I would go with Oil Temp... Much rather see Oil Pressure, but if those are your choices...

Old 03-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Well I have till the end of the month to decide since my other gauge is on back order.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

wonderin if anybody has used any kits for vaccum gauges. Ive seen some with tee fittings which tie in to an existing line. which seems like a good idea so u dont have to drill into the intake manifold. Also some guys have used those gauge pods (i dont know what there called) left hand side of the dash. some say universal. just wonder if anyone had tried it on a blazer and if they had good luck with it . thanks