General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Got slighty side tracked...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 08:34 AM
95BlazenLT is on a distinguished road
Default Got slighty side tracked...

I had planned on using some of my valuable lift time at work to install the body lift kit and the Rock Country suspension lift that has been sitting in my garage since fall... BUT... The Blazer had other plans...

First, a small drip mark started appearing in my driveway and it was accompanied by an occasional wiff of burnt coolant... New radiator... No problem...

Then, I started to hear some squeaking coming from the belt and it started to get worst... I find out that the alternator has a bad bearing... as well as the water pump... and the tensioner pulley... and the idler pulley... and it needed a new belt...

Now that all well and back to normal... I need to scramble to scrap together some lift time to get back on track to have these suspension mods done before the snow flies... and it will not be easy...

Wish me luck... and as always, I will post pics to keep you guys/gals updated...

Old 12-14-2012, 11:20 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Lift time? Sheeeeit, I just did mine in my garage with 2 jacks... Took about 4 hours with hand tools.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:57 PM
95BlazenLT is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I know... Sounds pathetic... I live in a condo and the association ***** have pinched me once for working on vehicles at home... (some by-law)

Plus all my tools are at the shop that I work at... and I have access to air tools and torches and several other resources that I don't have at home...

The only problem is the fact that the boss is a little tight about working on personal vehicles during work hours and isn't too keen on any type of work after hours... So I try to squeeze as much lift time as I can and not make it seem like I'm taking advantage of shop resources... For the most part the boss is cool about it... but I did take up a ton of lift time with my 10' Camaro SS project and the boss told me to scale it back some...