General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Help with denomination of my BLZR

Old 07-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Beginning Member
mikeknuckey is on a distinguished road
Default Help with denomination of my BLZR

Hi friends, I've been complicated since I decide to look for some parts on the web for my ride, couse I almost didnt find nothing...
I dont know if is a denomination problem, couse I see you call some blazers K1500 or C1500... What that means???
I own a 93 full size blazer "sport" with a 350 tbi. its 2dr and 4wd. But if I search for example "93 blazer sport" on ebay, there are just one or two pages of products.

Can you help me telling how should I call my BLZR???

Thanks so much

Old 07-27-2009, 09:01 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

There are several names available for your Blazer - K5 Blazer, K1500 Blazer, GMT415 platform. Hope this helps you find your parts.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks so much!
Now I get more info and parts, so tonigth I will kill my visa on ebay...hehehe

Thanks again!

Old 07-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

C1500 is for a 2wd
K1500 is for a 4wd

The K5 moniker was somewhat dropped in 92 when the line transitioned to the newer body style (1988 was the transition for the pickup trucks IIRC).

The main reason for not finding a lot of stuff for these trucks is because they were not really aggressively sold. The numbers just were not there. However, much of the parts for the 1988 thru 1998 pickups will fit on the 92-99 Blazer, Tahoe, and Suburban since the suspension arrangements were practically identical across these model lines.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
C1500 is for a 2wd
K1500 is for a 4wd

The K5 moniker was somewhat dropped in 92 when the line transitioned to the newer body style (1988 was the transition for the pickup trucks IIRC).

The main reason for not finding a lot of stuff for these trucks is because they were not really aggressively sold. The numbers just were not there. However, much of the parts for the 1988 thru 1998 pickups will fit on the 92-99 Blazer, Tahoe, and Suburban since the suspension arrangements were practically identical across these model lines.
And did you know whats the difference between my Blazer "Sport" and a Tahoe??
Couse they look realy similar each other.

Thanks so much for all this knowlege

Old 07-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is no difference besides the name. 94 was the last year for the Blazer moniker on the fullsize trucks. After that, the Tahoe name for the 4dr Chevy models (and Yukon for the GMC models) was extended to the 2dr models.

This is the same time that GM dropped the S10 Blazer moniker off of the s-series trucks. It coincides with the change in body styles for the s-series suvs.