General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

HID kit Review for HIDextra.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Beginning Member
nogi is on a distinguished road

how much for
h11 10000k
2 x h1 10000k
and a 880 8000k

Old 02-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys. Just ordered a kit, 9006 6000k. I'll provide input when I get them in.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Former Sponsor
hidextra.com is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Your best advantage is the buy 3 get 1 free special
This special cuts your cost down to only $56.25/kit for regular kits!

Ordering Instructions:

1.) Go to this link to check on bulb type
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

2.) Then go to www.hidextra.com and choose the (BULB TYPE AND COLOR)

3.) Add your 3 kits to Cart (Make sure all 3 kits are in ONE transaction)

4.) Use Express Checkout

5.) Type your 4th kit (Bulb Type and Color) in the “additional comment” area

6.) DO NOT use coupon codes as this is a DIFFERENT special offer.

PLEASE NOTE: If you use a coupon code, you will NOT qualify for this Buy 3 Get 1 special.

* Free kit must be regular single beam kits $75 value (excludes Bi-xenons and slims)

Any questions, please email me @ info@hidextra.com

Thank you everyone for your continuous support and business!

Michelle

Originally Posted by nogi
how much for
h11 10000k
2 x h1 10000k
and a 880 8000k

Old 03-07-2010, 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I HAVE A PROBLEM

It appears now that after installing your kit today, I've lost my Daytime Running Lights, which are lawfully required. What can I do?

Old 03-07-2010, 09:23 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

If you plug your OEM bulbs back in, do the DRL work?

Old 03-07-2010, 09:27 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I didn't realize they weren't working until after I buttoned everything up, but I KNOW they were working up until the point I put them in.

Do you have HID's for your high beams?

Old 03-07-2010, 09:32 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Ohhhh... you didn't mention you had replaced the high beams. No I do not. I would assume the low voltage that powered a OEM bulb would not be sufficient to power the ballast. I have not put them in my high beams because I figured they would not work correctly. You may be SOL on using them for high beams. The only thing I could think of would be to mount a second incandescent bulb in the housing to act as a DRL. It wouldn't need to be large, but I am not sure how you would rig the wiring to power both. Seems like it would be a PITA to do.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:34 PM
BF Veteran

It does, but I've been told that some systems work with DRL's... I've emailed Michelle, so I'll see what she suggests doing... maybe I need a different ballast. (I really hope that's all)

*EDIT* I just finisished yanking them out.. Halogens in high beams again.

HIDextra has no DRL option, and turning them on manually means your vehicle won't pass a safety/mechanical inspection anymore.

IF ANYONE NEEDS DRL'S, DON'T BUY THE 9005 KIT AS YOU WILL DISABLE YOUR DRL's ON YOUR BLAZER... (Ie. you fellow Canucks)

Last edited by oktain; 03-08-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Beginning Member
odfareal is on a distinguished road

I've got to leave this here since its only right and this is the page where I found the HIDs.

Installed both 9006 and H10 bulb HIDs...

Not as easy as doing the Blazer, but still good and works perfectly. 8000k low beams, 10k Fogs.
Remember, with any HIDs, when purchasing, make sure you don't replace a bulb that is used on different watt settings.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Beginning Member
Supercity is on a distinguished road

Just a question please. When I see some of the pictures. When you turn on the light of the high bulb the light of the low works in the same time to have better light.
In france, in mine , 2000 blazer I can have only one on the same time. Not the two in the same time.
Did you do something special ?
Regards.
Supercity.

Quick Reply: HID kit Review for HIDextra.com