General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 06:55 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: Hitch

Wolfpack try one of these... A 7:4 multitow plug... Wire in all 7 wires and it has both 7 and 4 plugs on the vehicle end!! Available at all wal-mart stores from Hopkins Towing Solutions (Hoppy)...

also comes with a 4 prong trailer end harness... I will be putting this on my blazer before i buy a new pop-up camper.. most new pop-ups have trailer brakes..

you can either use it as a 4 to 7 adapter (trailer brakes, revers lights, and aux power not hooked up) or you can hook up all 7 wires making it a full RV hookup with a 4-flat attached to the side, thus solving your dilemma..

Old 03-25-2008, 07:07 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, I'm probably going to upgrade to one of those, lol.

I just used a random plug laying around the garage

Old 03-25-2008, 08:43 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

a_tack that's exactly what I have!!! I just gotta figure out how to wire it up! The only thing stopping me is actually crawling under there and doing it...midterms havn't been giving me much time to play around, and now those are done, so hopefully sometime soon!

I couldn't have figured this guy out without y'all. Between my last thread on trailer adapters and your nifty explanation of wiring up there, I should be ok Thanks!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:37 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

That looks pretty nifty, I think I am going to have to get me one of those, I was just going to get the 7 pin and then get the adapter (like what comes with the fullsize trucks stock) and go from there but I like this idea better, no need to keep track of the adapter.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:51 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

wolfpack.. it is all color coded with your factory harness.. its pretty much impossible to mess up.... If by some chanc esome of the wires are diff. colors on the plug, read the package to find out what they are for... I believe I listed the wire colors/functions on your last thread about trailer wiring... maybe it was someone elses thread, but nonetheless I listed them..haha