General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How to disable your auto lights in 4 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:21 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 99 blazer
no i know how to put it in just wanted to make sure i got the right one..and how do you turn off the drl?
you could pull the fuse, but think ther is something else on that circuit as well. or pull the relay for them, i'm 99.9% sure that nothing else is affected by that.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I found that after I posted. Thanks Old Skool.
I did the Auto Headlight delete today!
Yeah theres no reason to push that button 4 times every time you drive because this cost me .99 cents for a 5 pack so .20 cents a piece and took under 5 minutes. Its just a 2.2 resister and I bought a 1/2 watt one.

Last edited by Brianator99; 01-30-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Starting Member
Thumbs down

So all that does is keep your lights and parking lights off. My daylights still remain on.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:03 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Brianator99
So all that does is keep your lights and parking lights off. My daylights still remain on.

you need to pull the relay for the DRL's as well.

glad to see you got 'er done. isn't it nice being able to turn off your HL's whenevr you want, not some freakin' sensor?

Old 01-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Starting Member

So far no cause the daylights but ill pull that fuse then.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:31 AM
Beginning Member
acavill is on a distinguished road
Smile

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
you need to pull the relay for the DRL's as well.

glad to see you got 'er done. isn't it nice being able to turn off your HL's whenevr you want, not some freakin' sensor?
Sorry guys, I know this thread is fairly old but I wan't to get rid of DRL's and autolights when it's dark out. If I install a resistor and pull the relay will that do me over? If so, I know where the resistor is in the dash...but could someone please point me in the direction of the DRL relay? Thanks.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:59 PM
BF Guru

@ acavill;

you need to pull the passenger dash speaker cover, and put in a 0.5W 2.2K ohm resistor in where the light sensor plugs into. be sure to tape it up after you test it (so it won't fall out).

as for the DRL's, i'm pretty sure the DRL fuse has something else running off it (not 110% sure though), but if you bend over the................was it the 86 pin in the relay? can't remember right now.

do a search (located @ top of page, under the banner) for that to be sure.

while i run with my HL's on 24/7-and have disabled the AHL system on my truck-i did keep the DRL's active, so when i need to "flash" my HL's (for whatever reason), they tend to get that individuals attention quicker.

Last edited by old skool luvr; 03-09-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: typo.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Starting Member
megaroos_00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my auto headlights! We have a law in Pa that you need your headlights on in construction zones and I would constantly forget to turn them off my in my old corolla. It didn't have a chime to let me know they were on (and they weren't very bright to begin with) so I was constantly draining my battery. I love the auto headlight feature on the blazer, don't have to worry about that stupid law anymore. You won't see me messing with any fuses.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Beginning Member
acavill is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
@ acavill;

you need to pull the passenger dash speaker cover, and put in a 0.5W 2.2K ohm resistor in where the light sensor plugs into. be sure to tape it up after you test it (so it won't fall out).

as for the DRL's, i'm pretty sure the DRAL fuse has something else running off it (not 110% sure though), but if you bend over the................was it the 86 pin in the relay? can't remember right now.

do a search (located @ top of page, under the banner) for that to be sure.

while i run with my HL's on 24/7-and have disabled the AHL system on my truck-i did keep the DRL's active, so when i need to "flash" my HL's (for whatever reason), they tend to get that individuals attention quicker.
Thanks man. I'll give it a try as soon as I get some free time. Not that I have anything against the DRL's, IMO they're a lot safer...but every time I'm workin on her I always kill the battery. With constant starting and stopping, the 4 button push override gets old quick!

Old 03-09-2010, 12:39 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by acavill
Thanks man. I'll give it a try as soon as I get some free time. Not that I have anything against the DRL's, IMO they're a lot safer...but every time I'm workin on her I always kill the battery. With constant starting and stopping, the 4 button push override gets old quick!
you're one of those guys that doesn't use his PB, do you? (even one "click" will cause the DRL's to shut off).

not totally sure what the constant starting & stopping have to do with the DRL's (or anything else in that post), but do the resistor in place of the AHL sensor, and you'll enjoy being able to turn off/on your lights as you please.