General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

How long have you had and how much have you put into your blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Beginning Member
xd_4_me is an unknown quantity at this point

Bought my 98 4x4 4 door with 70k in 2004

Since then I've replaced;

transmission (rebuilt)
alternator
water pump
window regulator
intake (k&N cold air)
4 belts
3rd brake light
idle arms
pitman arms
front swaybar bushings
shocks
2 radiator caps
radiator
3 thermostats
fan clutch
belt tensioner
wiper regulator (was actually fried, not just bad solder)
multifuction switch
glove box
gas cap
rotors
3 sets of brake pads
headlight
spark-plugs
battery
tires
stereo deck
floor mats
countless oil, coolant changes

Now it has 150K and...

It has no heat and the 4 wheel drive does not work. Currently looking to both problems, esp. the heat, as it gets -40 here quite often. I've just got to make it run 3 more years until I can buy a new truck... with a warranty!

Last edited by xd_4_me; 09-08-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:46 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Bought my 93 at the beginning of 2010 off the 2nd owner for 300 bucks not running. I have sunken about 1000 bucks into it now, plus about 1000 for a stereo system to listen to.

Mine has a whole new fuel system, but a used spider assy.
New front end and brakes and hardware.
All fluids changed to Amsoil

I have a leaking radiator that will be getting replaced soon. I love this truck, and it loves mud and dirt and trails, and I have every bit of faith that she will always limp me home and always crawl out of anywhere that I might make her go as long as I give her clean oil and clean fuel and clean her intake once in a while and give her a bath and make sure her feet are in good condition.

Last edited by ohsofly; 09-08-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:02 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Bought it in summer 09 for $1000 with a brand new transmission.
since then the major stuff I've done has been

all new suspension $2,200
tires $725
rims $550
stereo $200

Last edited by 84BlazerS10; 09-08-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:12 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I have owned my 89 S15 Jimmy and way too many parts to list. Any wear & tear item has been replaced. I keep everthing in working order and in good repair. It is my daily driver. I would not hesitate to go cross country in it.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:54 PM
croozer is on a distinguished road

I have had it for 1 year, but my co-pilot had it for 9 years. I had to repo it from her Ex and it was not looking good. It has about 39000 miles on a Marshall reman. engine and has been a good ride.
I have saved hundreds of $$ do most of the work that needed to be done.
Ball joints,brakes, new rotors, trans filter/fluid change, replaced outer T-case seal, another trans fluid change, front and rear diff oil change, 2 sets of plugs, cap/rotor, new/used spider, new battery, lots of wax, polish,chemical and paint products like rust preventor, undercoatings and more blah blah stuff.
It has been a solid truck.
I always keep all my vehicles dependable for a long road trip if needed.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:06 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

I must be a lucky few.. i bought my truck two years ago and put 44,000 miles on it.

i've replaced...

starter
rear end (my fault, burnouts are cool!! till you completely annialate the rear end)
both wheel bearings

thats it. nothing else. bought it with 82,000 on it, it now almost has 126,000]

other than that this truck has been amazing as far as reliablity. I've never owned a chevy before this, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Beginning Member
BLOND1WD is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

I bought my 97 LS in 2005. Can't remember how many miles, would guess around 140,000.
It was stolen out of my driveway one night in 2008, recovered a week later with a shredded tire and trashed interior I am not kidding 2 blocks from my house.
Prior to theft had replaced:
Tires, Brakes, Tune-up( filters, cap, rotor plugs, wires), Fuel pump (twice) Fan Clutch, Fan Blade, Stereo, Ball Joints, Intake gasket, Radiator hoses

In the years since I got my baby back from the joy-riding punks:

Tires, Stereo, Brakes, Tie Rod Ends, Ball Joints, Shocks, Battery, A/C compressor, ECM, Exhaust valve, Heads machined, neccessary gaskets, Fuel injection Spider, Vac Module for Blend Door (twice), A/C switch control panel, Distributor, Serp Belt, Tune-up (same as above), Rear Window Motor, and starter.

Today Blaze has 193,000 on her. I found out today my Rear Pinion Bearings are worn enough to be making really annoying noises.

Money pit for sure, and although I say at 200,000 I'm replacing her, I'm not so sure I really will.

Last edited by BLOND1WD; 09-29-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Starting Member
TylerCiervo is on a distinguished road

I just got my 89 S-10 Blazer 3 days ago and have spent $1,200 on mechanical repairs (not even fixing everything) and just ordered $400 worth of parts for just the interior. Not including interior paint or even a radio and speakers.

I am goin to go to the scrap yard tomorrow and pick up some replacement parts. I'm making my own roof rack and center console. And i'm painting everything myself. That should hopefully keep a good amount of the costs down.

Yay for money pits!! =]

Old 09-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Beginning Member
v8colorado is on a distinguished road

fiances 97 s10 four door 4x4 was bought in 2000 it now has 200k miles on the 4.3 and original trany..beeen through 5 sets of tires

two alts,
two batterys,
u-joints twice
front brakes twice rears once
plenty of regualar maintnance,
exhaust once
prolly stuff im missing.

stuff waiting for the dune truck build lsx 376 motor
a TCI maximizer 4x4 trans
DOM tubing for the roll cage

still have a ton of stuff to buy and a ton of planning to do

Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Nemo1991 is on a distinguished road

ive had mine for a year and so far ill ive had to do was the door hinge pins & bushings and i had to put in a new fuel pump. i also bought a stereo and a cold air intake but those werent necessities, lol

guess im one of the lucky few whos put less than $500 into there blazer to keep it functioning. i want a zr2 but i seem to be lucky with this one haha

Quick Reply: How long have you had and how much have you put into your blazer?