General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

If I have it pulled home will it junk my 4wd?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 04:21 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Oops meant to say transmission fluid* But yeah it shouldnt hurt anything if its in neutral, but im not sure if you can shift the transmission without a battery. i know in mine i cant.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Starting Member
Melrock83 is on a distinguished road

I did get it pulled home, and considering how far I had to go (had to take the long way home to avoid one intersection thats hard to cross lil lone try to cross while pulling the blazer too) I didnt wana risk tryin to get that far with it still in 4wd. So by letn it charge for a while, the 1st jump allowed me to get it switched electronically bak to 2wd b4 it died and so with the next jump I had my cousin leav the cables hookd to my battery after it started just long enuf for me to put it in reverse and let it mechanically switch bak to 2wd. With the distance we needed to go, and the roads we had to travel on there was no way I could go really slow like I planned. So we pulled it home, thankfully with it bak in 2wd, and even with pulling it at about 50mph on one stretch of the main road we managed to get it done with no damage to the drivetrain whatsoever. But I knew that with having to go that speed, if I pulled it while it was in 4wd I would've ripped my 4wd all to H*LL!! It is fixed now and running GREAT!! Thanks for the input guys, I learned alot during this ordeal so I will b better prepared next time for SURE LOL

Old 03-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Starting Member
Melrock83 is on a distinguished road

And I am able to shift my transmission with or without a battery, I simply have to turn my key to the "on" position. It dont matter whether or not it actually has battery power, and trust me when I say that Im extremely thankful to know I can always to shift my tranny regardless of whether I can actually start it or not LOL