General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I'm done...For Real This Time

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:46 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

glad to hear you're going to tough it out.

regarding the engine "knock", what you're probably thinking of, is that these 4.3's are known for lifter "clatter". any kind of knocking is never a good thing.

good luck with the search for a new heart, keep us posted.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:19 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ejschultz
There's just something about this truck that makes me not want to get rid of it... I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I'm sure a lot of you have that same thing going on.
I know the feeling... Something just doesn't want me to get rid of this truck... Ive talked about keeping it forever and de-moting it to a project (5.3L swap) in the future.

I keep finding good prices on little 4cyl cars like G5's and Cobalts... but then I turn around and say, but the Blazer isn't costing me anything but maintenance and fuel... Thanks Mom and Dad for paying the insurance.

It's ridiculous for a 19 yr old guy in Ontario and it's supposed to go up AGAIN! I can't afford it because I don't work during the school year since I wouldn't have time to do my homework and everything.... YAY 2nd yr university.

Good Luck with the truck! It's a nice Blue too.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:26 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by oktain
........ Thanks Mom and Dad for paying the insurance.

It's ridiculous for a 19 yr old guy in Ontario and it's supposed to go up AGAIN!.................... It's a nice Blue too.
yeah, thanks Mom & Dad (must be nice). but, you're paying them back by getting top marks, and a great paying job when you graduate, right?

i've heard some people's insurance is going up as much as 40%! my renewal isn't up 'til May, so i've got some time (to wait for the inevitable).

you're right Pat, it is a nice Blue.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Starting Member
ejschultz is on a distinguished road

I believe it's called Bermuda Blue Metallic Clearcoat. Thanks for the compliments. Also, the reason I'm getting the AT2s for it is because on TireRack they're like the 5th best tire in their class and the best for around $100. To go any better, based on reviews, I'd be spending like $120 a tire. I definitely research before I buy.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:12 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Well i just read through this whole thing and I must say that I, like you, and others, have been there. These things nickle and dime the hell out of you and if you even CONSIDER fixing something, every other part get's jealous and becomes extra needy....

Glad to see you'll be trudgin on with your Jimmy. It's like a death march. you don't want to do it, but at this point it's all you know.... just keep pouring money into her, pray she runs, and hopefully get liberated before the engine blows, or you get crushed in your garage trying to save her

Old 11-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Well i just read through this whole thing and I must say that I, like you, and others, have been there. These things nickle and dime the hell out of you and if you even CONSIDER fixing something, every other part get's jealous and becomes extra needy....

Glad to see you'll be trudgin on with your Jimmy. It's like a death march. you don't want to do it, but at this point it's all you know.... just keep pouring money into her, pray she runs, and hopefully get liberated before the engine blows, or you get crushed in your garage trying to save her
Sometimes we can only hope for the easy way out.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Starting Member

Well, I got the truck back. The 4 wheel drive is functional again!!! I went almost a whole year without it. There were some pretty brutal days last winter where I would have killed for it. I believe the wheel bearing my mechanic put on there is defective because it's already ticking while I make right turns. I also heard a little clunking around down there. It's going back to him in the next week so he can mount and balance my tires I'm going to be getting. I'll have him check everything out then. It's all under a 90 day labor warranty and 12 month parts warranty so it's not going to cost me any more to get it fixed, assuming he does not find anything new that is broken.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Glad to see you back in the game! now that you have 4wd, it's time to get her dirty!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:44 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by ejschultz
I believe it's called Bermuda Blue Metallic Clearcoat. Thanks for the compliments. Also, the reason I'm getting the AT2s for it is because on TireRack they're like the 5th best tire in their class and the best for around $100. To go any better, based on reviews, I'd be spending like $120 a tire. I definitely research before I buy.
knowledge is key, and it's always good to have the right keys to a deal.

Glad to see you back in the game! now that you have 4wd, it's time to get her dirty!
X2! and post the pic's-or we won't believe you.

oh yeah Curtis, i'm liking the "Putting 3/4 *** into my Skid Plate to prove a point... " in your sig @ the moment. not sure what the point is, but at least you're making it-your point i mean, hahahaha!

Old 11-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Starting Member

It might be weird, but I've always thought of my truck as an "it". I usually think of cars as a girl, but I think it's obvious that GMC wanted it to be a guy. They did name it Jimmy. My friends and I usually call it James. It sounds really bad to say, "Time to get him dirty!"

Quick Reply: I'm done...For Real This Time