General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

I'm done...For Real This Time

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:21 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ejschultz
Eh, f*ck it.

ooooooo, aaaaaaahhhhhh.

should look nice mounted. hope they perform well for ya.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Starting Member
ejschultz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
ooooooo, aaaaaaahhhhhh.

should look nice mounted. hope they perform well for ya.
I'm thinking they will. Here's a table of tires in the same class. They're up there.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...ireSearch=true

I don't really care about noise, which is it's lowest rating. They definitely can't be beat for the price.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:21 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

I don't really care about noise, which is it's lowest rating. They definitely can't be beat for the price.
bah! that just means you can crank up the tunes louder with reason!

Old 11-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
bah! that just means you can crank up the tunes louder with reason!

Old 12-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Starting Member

Well, I got the truck back. The 4 wheel drive is functional again!!! I went almost a whole year without it. There were some pretty brutal days last winter where I would have killed for it. I believe the wheel bearing my mechanic put on there is defective because it's already ticking while I make right turns. I also heard a little clunking around down there. It's going back to him in the next week so he can mount and balance my tires I'm going to be getting. I'll have him check everything out then. It's all under a 90 day labor warranty and 12 month parts warranty so it's not going to cost me any more to get it fixed, assuming he does not find anything new that is broken.
I believe this is the first time I've ever quoted myself. Here goes. The wheel bearing is fine, it's my pads that are almost done that are making the noise. The clunking I heard underneath was the bolt going through the swaybar link. It was way too long and when the wheels were turned and the suspensions compressed, it rubbed. He cut the bolt on both sides and now I have no more issues. My ABS light is on because of some brake switch or something like that. If anyone has anything to help me out with that, please let me know.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

As far as the ABS light goes, without reading the codes from the EBCM (electronic brake control module), this is just a guess... Check over all of the wiring to/from the front wheel speed sensors (WSS). For the later 2nd gens, you can adjust the air gap for the sensors to improve the mV-AC output.

BTW, you might want to append the title of this thread to let others know that you are still fightin' the good fight with your truck and not tossing in the towel. Based on the initial post, I had written this thread off and I am sure others have as well.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
As far as the ABS light goes, without reading the codes from the EBCM (electronic brake control module), this is just a guess... Check over all of the wiring to/from the front wheel speed sensors (WSS). For the later 2nd gens, you can adjust the air gap for the sensors to improve the mV-AC output.

BTW, you might want to append the title of this thread to let others know that you are still fightin' the good fight with your truck and not tossing in the towel. Based on the initial post, I had written this thread off and I am sure others have as well.
Good thinking with changing the title of the thread... Now, how do I do that?

Old 12-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Starting Member

Well, my tires will be put on next Saturday. I could pay someone to do it much sooner, but I'd rather wait a week to save the money. Also, I purchased a transfer case for it that's only got 80,xxx miles on it. Mine has been slipping in 4 low so hopefully this one doesn't have that problem, or any problem for that matter. That'll be going on on Saturday as well.

Other than that, Swartlkk, I don't believe there's a way for me to change the title of this thread, but if you could do it for me, that would be great. "I'm not done..." would be fine if that's at all possible for you to do. Thanks in advance either way.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Starting Member
Default I guess I'm not done afterall

I just ordered new break pads and shoes for it too. The rotors should be able to be turned, otherwise I'll be running to Autozone for new ones when I go to change them. I thought this would change the title, but I see you did that for me. Thanks.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Starting Member

Well, a couple of things. First of all, I did get swap the transfer cases. The "new" one has the same f*cking issue. The new tires really kick ***. The noise isn't bad until I hit about 60-65 mph, which I honestly hardly ever reach that speed. The brakes are done as well. This was all finished last month some time; I just forgot to update this thread. Anyways, Swartlkk, you can change the title of the thread again. I am selling the truck. I'm not mad at it this time though. I'm selling it because I came across an awesome deal on a Grand Cherokee TSi with extremely low miles. I figure that's going to be a little more dependable daily driver than the Jimmy. If I could afford to keep it and get the Jeep, I definitely would, but I can't have both. Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should ask for it?

Quick Reply: I'm done...For Real This Time