General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Info that might help RHD owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 05:52 AM
Starting Member
DaveHearne is on a distinguished road
Default Info that might help RHD owners

Hi, just a bit of information that might help any right hand drive owners who may need to replace their exhaust at some time.

I needed a cat-back system for my 1999 RHD model a while back (muffler, tailpipe etc). I started asking around a couple of the American Vehicle places here in the UK & 3 of them (won't mention names) insisted that the exhausts were different on the RHD models when in fact THEY ARE NOT! I had a LHD 1998 model before & remember the exhaust being identical. I got into quite an argument with one guy on the phone about it & ended up hanging up before I said something I might regret. I'm sure they were trying to tell me the systems were different so they had an excuse to charge even more?

I went ahead & ordered a US-spec Walker cat-back system for my 99 RHD from Rockauto as they were still cheaper than the UK suppliers I contacted & when it arrived it fitted perfectly.

The only difference in the exhaust sytems as far as I know for the 1999 models (both LHD & RHD) are for whether it's a 2 door or 4 door model.

Hope this info might help another RHD owner in the future.