General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

installed a rough country 2-3 inch lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:40 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough
Default installed a rough country 2-3 inch lift

i dont even know how on earth they can sell this thing what a disaster from the get go.

i got the truck to sit level at 1.5 inches in the back and 2.5inches in the front but a few major problems first off the tire is actually hitting the A-arm

getting the truck aligned did fix that problem,

now another wonderful issue besides the cv joints banging like crazy while turning (they wont even turn when suspension is dropped) is when maxing out the steering the caliper bolt actually hits the a-arm causing the caliper to compress and then having absolutely no brakes, looks like they did cut notches into the a-arm for this but they werent where they needed to be.

you can see where it was rubbing on this pic

onto the next headache, due the insane angle of the cv joints it decided to spit out all the grease, this is from going about 1 mile total driving

so ended up having to drop the front end 1 inch to prevent the cv joints banging on turns and spraying grease everywhere. the customer is only running 30 inch tires, which rub now. the kit says its made to run 31s, i dont ever see this happening. in the directions it stated that it is designed to run the center of the vehicle x amount of inches from the wheel well, and i had it exactly there in those pictures.

just wondering if anyone else went through this mess and maybe to prewarn people who would be thinking about buying this kit your in for a fun time. body lift seems way more logical

Old 04-06-2011, 07:45 PM
rodono is on a distinguished road

are the upper arms on the right side? one arm is made for the drivers side and one on the passenger side if you mix up the two you could have problems

Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

ha yeah i doubled checked that, someone else brought that up... i dont know if you really can mess them up due to them kinda being angled differently. also they have bolts welded onto them for the brake line hardware.

also i should add, i grinded down the a-arm at customer request, it said in the instructions that modifying anything would void the warranty but he didnt care

Old 04-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It just isn't safe to go over 2" on the front end. Many have problems going through ball joints and/or CV shafts at only a 1.5" lift which you do not need any additional parts to get to. That kit only really corrects the camber angles, but does lessen the ball joint angles to a certain extent. It doesn't do anything to help the CV angles.

It definitely doesn't look like they did all their homework on the design.