General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

ladder rack question

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 03:46 PM
savvylemur is on a distinguished road
Default ladder rack question

Hey, everyone! I'm going to be buying a Blazer soon to start a window washing company. My question is whether or not the OE rack can safely hold a few 20 to 30 foot extension ladders? Or do I need to have a more proper one installed? Thanks for the help!

Old 04-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

One should not be a problem, but more than that and you are pushing the limits due to the length and potential for bouncing on the unsupported ends.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
One should not be a problem, but more than that and you are pushing the limits due to the length and potential for bouncing on the unsupported ends.
I've looked around and can't find after market ladder racks for Blazers. Anyone know if they even exist?

Old 04-23-2009, 07:56 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

Go to jcwhitney.com and use thier chat. You can tell the rep what you're looking for, and they'll actually do the looking for you. If they don't have it on their site, they'll send it to another dept and have them continue looking elsewhere. Once theyfind it, they'll either call you or send you a postcard.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:21 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I would imagine you could easily have a purpose built rack made for a few dollars that you could just mount to the existing rack. I wouldn't be too worried about a twenty foot ladder but a thirty kind of scares me.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:41 PM

Thanks for the help, guys, I'll give these things a try.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have had a 30' 2-fly extension ladder on the roof of my old 2000 Bravada. It was not as stable as I would have liked. More than one would have been a bit more uncomfortable.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:31 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I've had a 4 mtr ladder on the odd ocasion, but I'd definately not do it regularly.