General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Metric/Standard dip stick question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 12:24 PM
beesnest is on a distinguished road
Default Metric/Standard dip stick question?

Help please! Your knowledge will be very appreciated! I bought my son a 99 Blazer 6 cylinder. He destroyed the engine so I bought a factory rebuilt and have been having a nightmare getting it installed. Metric bolts didn't fit. The dipstick tube from the destroyed engine does not fit the new engine. The engine came without this dipstick part. Before I can find one I need to know, which is which?
I am assuming the new engine is standard since metric bolts didn't fit.
Does standard engines dipstick fit in the block or the pan?

Old 07-05-2010, 09:23 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

The dip stick tube is generaic to the 4.3L V6 engine.
Lokar sells an after market dipstick tube, flexible that will work. Try Summit Racing or a local performance part store, heck even your local autoparts store should carry a dipstick tube.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:50 AM

Ah ha! My mechanic should know this!

Thank you! Heres a link to their site.... which one should I get?
Your help is greatly appreciated.
http://www.lokar.com/interior_pages/engdipstick.htm

Old 07-06-2010, 08:40 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Questions? Contact our helpful tech support team toll-free at 1-877-469-7440 or tech@lokar.com.

Prices vary from $5 to $80.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:09 PM

I learned that the new dipstick tube will be installed on the passenger side block.
I went through all of these examples you sent (thank you) and I found in the applications that the dipstick is on the drivers side. (for older engines) I need a dipstick and tube that is sorta short to fit under the hood on the passenger side. I have been looking around and found only long sticks that fit into big blocks.
Thanks for your help. I will call customer service and see what they say.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Default Thanks again

I found my part at this website OEM Chevy Parts - Chevy Parts Hub
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Hanr3. This has been a learning experience and your attention to me has been great.

I plan on holding this Blazer together so I will be back

Anybody ever use Bodybuilding forums? That is where I usually hang out.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran

Your welcome.

Nah, I stopped lifting about 23 years ago. Although now that the kids are grown, Ive been exercising more.