General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

No gear engagement

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 07:34 AM
Starting Member
Wes Becker is on a distinguished road
Default No gear engagement

Okay so I had a hi pitched noise coming from what I thought was a pulley when I accelerated I couldn't hear it getting louder so I ignored it for a while. one day I decided to check it out and found it was coming from my bell housing. I don't do transmissions remind you .so I decided to take out the Bell housing bolts and take a look well i couldn't see anything obviously wrong so I got a buddy over that knows a little more about tranny than I do and he thought the problem was my torque converter. So I got a rebuilt converter from O'Reilly s and put it all back together fired it up and the noise seemed to be gone and everything seemed good. Now that was the short story I left out how I was tired and did what i knew not to and broke my oil pan forcing the Bell housing bolts in. My bad,that didn't help things at all lol .so got a used engine oil pan and installed so I'm back on track so I Was thinking. Now I went for a test drive and btw 99 blazer 2wd it was driving great it felt and ran good. I drove Aboit 1.5miles parked for ten min or so and when I went to leave put it in reverse and it was barely engaging but got out of parking spot and put it in drive and again it felt like it was hardly engaging. Well I went to the business right next door and parked it I checked fluid levels connections any and every thing I could think of and had no change .Well after lots of reading I decided that my fluid pump was out so I looked into how to replace that pump. Again transmissions I don't know and didn't really want to get to know. So I did my research and thought it wasn't anything I can't handle well the pump runs around 160 from what I found and I found a couple people that were willing to trade my good tranny +300bucks for a rebuilt tranny well I figured that would be the way to go so I made a deal reinstalled tranny and same problem I was having so I checked,over everything now I've dropped tranny pan and valve body checked solenoids and well I don't know what else to do .I've been looking up symptoms and it looks like it could be anything really .if anyone has had this issue or knows what the problem is if like to hear from you. Now I'm thinking nothing was wrong with my tranny .within the last year I've done alot of work on the truck and I do take care of it. Recently replaced radiator upper/lower control arm bushings and shocks all the way around wheel hub assemblies waterpump tensioner headlight assembly hoses vacuum hoses tires and the list goes on .back to this tranny issue the entire trans fluid system has been replaced