General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Not a Blazer owner yet, but...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Beginning Member
TylerK10 is on a distinguished road
Default Not a Blazer owner yet, but...

I've been looking for a new daily driver to replace my '84 K10. I wanted to find a '99-06 GMC/Chevy 3/4 or 1 ton CCLB, but that's close to impossible to find around my area (at least in decent condition).

I've always had a secret love for the BlaZeR2. I found this one:

2004 Chevy Blazer 2DR ZR2 OFFROAD!

...and it seems like a flawless truck from those photos, but because it hasn't sold yet, I'm wondering if it could be way over priced. Any advice from the experts?

Old 07-01-2011, 01:10 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Yeah I think that price is a little high... I mean, the truck is almost 8 years old now. It looks like its really nice shape to me. I suppose if the miles are low, and you really like it, then its a good deal. But I think 7800 is a little high. Maybe you want to go try showing 6000-6500 in cashola to the person and I think they might change their mind with that much green staring back at them...

Old 07-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Beginning Member

Yeah, I agree, and that's not a bad idea.

Here is another one I found and while it's not a ZR2, it seems like a damn clean one-owner truck. Again though, it's a little pricey for me.

2005 Chevrolet Blazer LS, $8,500 - Cars.com

Old 07-01-2011, 05:36 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

7-8k for a blazer is high. I mean, for 3k more you can have a brand new camry or corolla? theres plenty more out there.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by matt92
7-8k for a blazer is high. I mean, for 3k more you can have a brand new camry or corolla? theres plenty more out there.
I guess you have a point. But would I ever buy a Camry or Corolla? Hell no, lol. Would I ever buy or even drive anything other than a full-size GM, Ford, or Dodge 4wd pickup truck with an 8 foot bed on it? Hell no!

This is the one exception, however. I've always had a guilty pleasure for how awesome the 2-door second generation Blazers look. And I grew up in a first generation black 2-door that both me and my dad loved until it finally rotted away 14 years later. A mix of these two things, but mainly the latter, is why I'm considering making this exception. It does feel weird though. Even the people that know me in real life don't believe I would actually get one.

Anyway, I feel like the second one I linked is one of the best finds I'll ever get in my area. It's the last production year for these Blazers, the mileage is decent, and it looks clean as hell. I have yet to check it out in person and unfortunately for me, the owners are going out of town for the next two weeks. On the phone it sounded like they're a couple in their 50s and they say this is a one owner truck. If it were a ZR2 and actually as flawless as it seems from the ad, that would be great. Regardless, I plan to check it out in two weeks.

With that being said, I still think the truck is a bit pricey. For the one I'm talking about, I feel $6,500-7,000 would be more fair. We'll see. As for the ZR2 I originally linked, they will probably never email me back at this rate, so my hopes are not high.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Beginning Member

Oh, and I completely forget to touch upon the fact that, like you said, if I wait longer, I can probably find a great truck for a great price, whether it be a Blazer or the "perfect" pickup truck I REALLY want. But I'm kind of browsing on a need-it-now basis. I don't know how much longer my K10 can handle daily driving me without dropping some more money into her.