General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Poll possibility?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:16 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default Poll possibility?

Just a thought...How does one go about starting a poll? On some other auto forum universe forums there's a button right next to new thread..but here there is not!

I was just thinking instead of the 2093482034832 threads on MPGs and the 203948320 other that start off well-intentioned and dissolve into HOW MANY MPGS I GET!...I thought we could do a poll! Then we can see a good average of what everyones getting MPG wise. Maybe have ranges, 10-12, 13-14, 15-16 and so on upwards.

I'm a little curious to see overall, rather than the 13 replies an individual thread may show. Although I can see a problem with it...not everyone's math is spot on, and you've got the random people that havn't tuned up in 12 years..What do you guys think?

Old 03-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Poll possibility?

That is actually a very good idea. I'll get right on that.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:22 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Used to be able to post polls... Don't know exactly why the button has disappeared.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Starting Member
firemansc32 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not a bad idea but there are to many variables for each blazer to only have one poll. Having 2wd or 4wd, auto or manual. There should be a poll for each combination to get an accurate count.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-28-2008, 09:33 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Well I did think about that..but there's already a poll on if you've got a 2wd or 4wd..(and remember most of the '4wd's on here are actually the 2wd with selectable 4x4). I would imagine the manuals fit into a similarliy small minority like the 2wds...enough so that those two variables probably wouldn't have as much an effect on the numbers as one's driving style does, which there's no way to poll about.

But I would still like to see the rough results given the outliers! Who knows, maybe we'll see grouping around 18 (2wds and manuals), and around 15 (4x4s)!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:35 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

We also have fullsize blazers just to throw another variable in there...

Old 03-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

An average poll is up. We can split it out later, but overall it isn't bad. Heck, just having one place to only post mileage information is a heck of a lot better than the threads we've had.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Starting Member
firemansc32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Point taken. I'm only getting 12.7mpg right now.[sm=boohoo.gif] Darn hills and and a short five mile drive to work. Half of the time I'm accerating.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-28-2008, 09:40 PM
BF Veteran

Oh man forgot about those fullsizers! But I maintain we will see significant grouping due to the different vehicle classes

Now go vote!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:40 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya i rem seein a poll button somewhere before on here i forget where tho