General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

possibly selling the jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 06:13 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dbrown843
haha the rx8 would get about 15. and i would get manual.
my truck gets bad gas milleage BTW. but good for what i have done to it.
if we wanted good MPG, we'd buy a Honda, hahahahaha!

besides, that wasn't what it was built for.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Starting Member
Dbrown843 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
if we wanted good MPG, we'd buy a Honda, hahahahaha!

besides, that wasn't what it was built for.
Exactly.

BTW, to let you all know my truck gets around 8ish MPG,
and it can go through 4 feet of water. (just tested it)
the neighborhood next to mine flooded, and had to pull idiots in (Hondas) out of the flood to their houses.
it was pretty funny cause i eased through it. and they all had this baffled look on their faces.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Exactly.

the neighborhood next to mine flooded, and had to pull idiots in (Hondas) out of the flood to their houses.
it was pretty funny cause i eased through it. and they all had this baffled look on their faces.
8ish damn...

Old 12-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by wlorton
8ish damn...
hahaha yeah, its pretty bad.
But also its a brand new engine, that hasnt been broken in yet.
so i cant keep it at a constant speed.
I.E. lets say its 45MPH, i have to go 45, then 40, then 50, then 45, i have to keep changing speeds. Which pretty much makes my gas go way down,
only 500 more miles till i dont have to do that anymore.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:32 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Exactly.

that's because they drive Honda's, so it's not really their fault-no wait............. it is!

Old 12-03-2009, 12:37 AM
BF Veteran

Ok so, I am looking to buy a new blazer as well as repair my old one... as of now the old one needs a few items, but your blazer is getting 8mpg city just on 33's? I found a blazer on 40's.... I dont even wanna guess how much it gets.....

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/bar/1483955325.html

Old 12-03-2009, 12:52 AM
BF Guru
Lightbulb

Ok so, I am looking to buy a new blazer as well as repair my old one... as of now the old one needs a few items, but your blazer is getting 8mpg city just on 33's? I found a blazer on 40's.... I dont even wanna guess how much it gets.....

with the cash you'd save from buying that truck (since 99% of the work is already done), you could afford to drive it (as a toy) for awhile.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:07 AM
BF Veteran

with the cash you'd save from buying that truck (since 99% of the work is already done), you could afford to drive it (as a toy) for awhile.
Sorry to thread hijack... but How do you guys determine what size tires to run? Not will it fit... but what to fit? Personally I have seen some smaller lifts with 32-35's that look just amazing... Like why are you rocking the 33's? why not 31s? or 34s?

Old 12-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Starting Member

that's because they drive Honda's, so it's not really their fault-no wait............. it is!
hahahaha i used to drive a honda, but these people think it float cause its from japan

i would so buy that right now, but one issue. I would be so worried about the motor/tranny/gears/axles. anything over 35's you need to UPGRADE everything. if i keep my truck, im going to be running 4.10 gears.
anything lower will be killing that and eating up everything.
I wonder if he built his engine/transmission if not. i hate to say it, new engine.tranny.axles.gears. they will all tear and be goneeeeee

Sorry to thread hijack... but How do you guys determine what size tires to run? Not will it fit... but what to fit? Personally I have seen some smaller lifts with 32-35's that look just amazing... Like why are you rocking the 33's? why not 31s? or 34s?
its all the on the rub, and how much the engine can personally handle.
i got 33's because i had to overnight mine because i was leaving for Charlotte the next day, so they could only get 33" nitto mud graps.
i was going to get 37" Dick Cepek Crushers but also add a 3" Body lift.

31's are too small on my 6" lift, 33" are too small to i think. i want biggins.
I personally want to go 37's but i know my motor(even though its new) will have alot of stress, same with my tranny, gears, and axles.
its just not worth going over 35's unless your going to put a small or big block in it.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:42 PM
BF Veteran

hahahaha i used to drive a honda, but these people think it float cause its from japan

i would so buy that right now, but one issue. I would be so worried about the motor/tranny/gears/axles. anything over 35's you need to UPGRADE everything. if i keep my truck, im going to be running 4.10 gears.
anything lower will be killing that and eating up everything.
I wonder if he built his engine/transmission if not. i hate to say it, new engine.tranny.axles.gears. they will all tear and be goneeeeee

its all the on the rub, and how much the engine can personally handle.
i got 33's because i had to overnight mine because i was leaving for Charlotte the next day, so they could only get 33" nitto mud graps.
i was going to get 37" Dick Cepek Crushers but also add a 3" Body lift.

31's are too small on my 6" lift, 33" are too small to i think. i want biggins.
I personally want to go 37's but i know my motor(even though its new) will have alot of stress, same with my tranny, gears, and axles.
its just not worth going over 35's unless your going to put a small or big block in it.

Ok, I see, the guy emailed me and told me he drove it daily so the mileage was increasing, but its stock everything, but

" the motor and tranny are stock the front axle is 10 bolt and rear is 12 im thinking. the truck has 136k that will change i drive it daily. milage isnt bad. i have 2 other trucks and the blazer get alot better milage then eighter of the other 2.i may take a couple pictures of the underneath of the truck and send them to you later this afternoon"

Quick Reply: possibly selling the jimmy