General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

possibly selling the jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Starting Member
Dbrown843 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
Ok, I see, the guy emailed me and told me he drove it daily so the mileage was increasing, but its stock everything, but

" the motor and tranny are stock the front axle is 10 bolt and rear is 12 im thinking. the truck has 136k that will change i drive it daily. milage isnt bad. i have 2 other trucks and the blazer get alot better milage then eighter of the other 2.i may take a couple pictures of the underneath of the truck and send them to you later this afternoon"

Man if its all stock, im telling you be careful. very careful.
my truck stock, went to 220k on the engine, think about a big lifted truck, With everything stock.
i just hope you dont get ripped off.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:41 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dbrown843
Man if its all stock, im telling you be careful. very careful.
my truck stock, went to 220k on the engine, think about a big lifted truck, With everything stock.
i just hope you dont get ripped off.
Well the thing is... I have a 98 blazer sitting in the fiancees garage... no lift... no mods... other than the custom deer molded hood, but all it needs to drive is a radiator shroud, and then lights to be street legal and off course a hood.... but its also a 98 with just over 119k on the clock and it was well maintained and got me 20+mpgs

The fiancees father help me put her back together and it runs now, but I want something with a lift... and if I went lifted... How hard would it be to swap out transmissions/motors... I have also had this itching to rebuild a motor... no need, just the want to rebuild it and kinda make it my own... but idk, waiting on a few things to happen and if it pans out properly that would be a christmas gift.. lol... I just hope he sends me pictures and it doesnt end up like the last thread... where I liked the lift... but the lift = crap

Old 12-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Starting Member

Well the thing is... I have a 98 blazer sitting in the fiancees garage... no lift... no mods... other than the custom deer molded hood, but all it needs to drive is a radiator shroud, and then lights to be street legal and off course a hood.... but its also a 98 with just over 119k on the clock and it was well maintained and got me 20+mpgs

The fiancees father help me put her back together and it runs now, but I want something with a lift... and if I went lifted... How hard would it be to swap out transmissions/motors... I have also had this itching to rebuild a motor... no need, just the want to rebuild it and kinda make it my own... but idk, waiting on a few things to happen and if it pans out properly that would be a christmas gift.. lol... I just hope he sends me pictures and it doesnt end up like the last thread... where I liked the lift... but the lift = crap

well swapping out the transmission/ motor isnt too hard, you just have to know what your doing, and know where everything goes.
If you lift it, make sure you redo your gears, its a must!!! especially if your planning on going big.

yeah post pictures once you get them, so we can all give you advice on the lift.
i mean for that price i would write him a check right now, or cash.
If its a true lift, and nothing is messed up. hell with it, buy it.
Go rebuild your motor add a programmer, Headers, Exhaust, Performance internals, and do the same for your transmission, redo the gears, new differential. etc.
and you would have the sickest, and i mean the sickest blazer out there.

One day i will have a blazer on 52's with a Cummins Diesel motor and a allison Transmission. Nothing will ever beat them together.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:18 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

well swapping out the transmission/ motor isnt too hard, you just have to know what your doing, and know where everything goes.
If you lift it, make sure you redo your gears, its a must!!! especially if your planning on going big.

yeah post pictures once you get them, so we can all give you advice on the lift.
i mean for that price i would write him a check right now, or cash.
If its a true lift, and nothing is messed up. hell with it, buy it.
Go rebuild your motor add a programmer, Headers, Exhaust, Performance internals, and do the same for your transmission, redo the gears, new differential. etc.
and you would have the sickest, and i mean the sickest blazer out there.

One day i will have a blazer on 52's with a Cummins Diesel motor and a allison Transmission. Nothing will ever beat them together.
Well to be honest... My dad has a 93 chevy G30? 1 ton work van which I used to drive with a 350. If things go right, I am going to "steal" it and transplant it into a 2nd gen blazer down the road. As for the lift, I would really like to find someone to help me do both axles swapped, although I am still not sure what combo would be the best for light mudd, more street.... And then there is always the idea that I take my dads 77 camaro (which is in one of my albums) and mount it on a k5 blazer frame... and have a bad a$$ camaro.... idk man... options are unlimited.. I just cant wait to finish college and get out and make some money as a civil engineer...

Old 12-03-2009, 09:48 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

the only thing better than that would be to drop the Cummins in my 'Burb! hahahahaha!

seriously though, that would be the ultimate combo for any truck, not just a Blazer. when do you cash your winning lottery ticket?

Old 12-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Starting Member

Well to be honest... My dad has a 93 chevy G30? 1 ton work van which I used to drive with a 350. If things go right, I am going to "steal" it and transplant it into a 2nd gen blazer down the road. As for the lift, I would really like to find someone to help me do both axles swapped, although I am still not sure what combo would be the best for light mudd, more street.... And then there is always the idea that I take my dads 77 camaro (which is in one of my albums) and mount it on a k5 blazer frame... and have a bad a$$ camaro.... idk man... options are unlimited.. I just cant wait to finish college and get out and make some money as a civil engineer...

haha very very true,
well if you drive to myrtle beach, ill help you with engine, and doing the axles no problem man.
haha i feel you about getting out of college.

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
the only thing better than that would be to drop the Cummins in my 'Burb! hahahahaha!

seriously though, that would be the ultimate combo for any truck, not just a Blazer. when do you cash your winning lottery ticket?
haha yes yes it would be.
except each tire is about a grand ughhh so much money.
i dont have to win a lottery for this, i just have to finish up my personal trainers degree, and be getting up to 200 bucks an hour

Old 12-03-2009, 11:26 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

haha yes yes it would be.
except each tire is about a grand ughhh so much money.
i dont have to win a lottery for this, i just have to finish up my personal trainers degree, and be getting up to 200 bucks an hour
then you'd save 4 grand right there- my 'Burb is only 2WD, and is going on her knee's real soon.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:38 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I just cant wait to finish college and get out and make some money as a civil engineer...
i just have to finish up my personal trainers degree, and be getting up to 200 bucks an hour
I'll be honest with you guys, when I get all settled in w/ a nice pay check... the Blazer is going bye bye and there will be a new truck in the driveway.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:52 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by okvortec
I'll be honest with you guys, when I get all settled in w/ a nice pay check... the Blazer is going bye bye and there will be a new truck in the driveway.

Full sized? (FTW?)

Old 12-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by okvortec

haha i am right there with you, hence the reason getting rid of my car.

but if i dont sell it, it will be trailer locked, and be only used for the mud bog.
which i always wanted just an offroad truck.

Quick Reply: possibly selling the jimmy