General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Rear Ended On The Highway [Pics Included]

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:15 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Ditto on being OK!!!
I'd say someone was looking out for you as well... notice how the passenger side roof caved in & NOT the drivers side?!
BTW you going to craigslist the seats? they look prime!
j/k, congrats on getting out alive!

Old 03-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Starting Member
DSMayo is on a distinguished road

WOW! A lottery ticket in definitely in order after making it through that wreck!

Glad to see you made it out alright, hope the other person has good insurance

Old 03-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Beginning Member
blindphaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the Blazer is going to get claimed by the insurance company as they will do a pay out do to it being totaled. It really depends on how much they would want for a buy back / and what the parts are worth. If it makes sense price wise ( I won't lose more money on it) I may do it.

Anyone on the boards from Houston? I may have a part car for you =D

I had JUST replaced the front differential with one that only had 70k miles on it and the transmission was just rebuilt about 6k miles ago. ( I just replaced the clutch packs / valve body / sun shell [heavy duty one] )

If you guys can think of any parts you would want let me know, will have to come up with something. So that I can make some use of whats left of it. There will be nothing left to salvage on the exterior obviously.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Beginning Member

Also I am 6". The Driver's side seat is broken (Doesn't recline) as I appear to have pushed it down during the rollover. (It doesn't go up / down anymore)

Old 03-05-2010, 03:03 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

holy crap!! you related to evel knievel...thought only he could survive wrecks like that!!!

glad you walked away....makes me wonder how much it would cost to retrofit a cage in a blazer.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:39 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

HOLY CRAP!

Oh and as for parts, I need the rear glass. lol
J/K Glad to see your okay.

Oh and make sure to get those pains checked out ASAP. My arms still hurt from my accident in August. I was the "Pop-a-lock" car as you put it.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:09 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

I'd say "The Man Upstairs" was looking out for you! Glad you're o.k.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
holy crap!! you related to evel knievel...thought only he could survive wrecks like that!!!

glad you walked away....makes me wonder how much it would cost to retrofit a cage in a blazer.
Based on my experience I don't trust the roof in them at all now. Mine flattened on the passenger's side where it appears it landed first. It actually looks like the seats are what stopped it from squishing any more. I want to get a roll cage in my Trans Am now after this..

I don't trust other drivers around me on the highway at all now, especially if the highway comes to a standstill.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:14 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
I just noticed your comment Ken...
Blazers actually have a poor crash rating. I'm suprised at how well this one turned out to tell you the truth. The interior space held up fairly well given how bad these trucks are in accidents.
Ironically, the 98+ Blazers have decent crash ratings. 4 star frontal, 4 star side impact, but I think 1 or 2 stars for rollover rating.
Those are NHTSA ratings, but the 95-98 only has 2 stars frontal.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by cbr995
Ironically, the 98+ Blazers have decent crash ratings. 4 star frontal, 4 star side impact, but I think 1 or 2 stars for rollover rating.
Those are NHTSA ratings, but the 95-98 only has 2 stars frontal.

Mine was a good old '96 LT Blazer.

Now that I think about it. I would hate to be in a convertible during a roll over. Does anyone even survive those?

Quick Reply: Rear Ended On The Highway [Pics Included]