General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Royal Purple Deal

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 02:48 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road
Default Royal Purple Deal

I am usually not a fan of stores like Pep Boys, but I was in one of them on Friday and I feel this is worth mentioning. I was looking to use Royal Purple for my next oil change (used it before, but after a couple oil changes switched to Mobil1 HM because it was more available where I go to college and it is in Walmart for cheap). Plus with the abuse this engine is going to take this semester with all these commutes with the extreme weather, repeated cranking, short trips and stop and go driving it needs the extra protection. I was in Pep Boys looking at prices on some parts and accessories and asking about returning a defective battery (NEVER buy Bosch batteries. Mine lasted 3 months and someone else was in there with the same one trying to return it) and I found out that they not only sell Royal Purple, but they had an amazing deal: 5 quarts Royal Purple and a Royal Purple Filter for $40. That is a $20 savings if I bought those separately. What it ends up being is $3.04 off per quart (Normally $8.99/qt) and $5.24 off the filter ($15.49 per filter for the 20-51A). I don't know if this is nationwide, but it was in one of the Albany, NY stores and the deal ends August 31st, so if anyone uses Royal Purple or is looking to try it and there is a Pep Boys near you, it might be something you want to check out.

Last edited by ComputerNerdBD; 08-15-2011 at 02:51 PM.