General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Should I buy it or not? Used Light bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:41 AM
Beginning Member
Crunch is on a distinguished road
Default Should I buy it or not? Used Light bar

Was scanning through local online used classifieds and happen to see this light bar for sale. Posted at $200 or best offer. But it's currently attached to a Ford Bronco and it says it would fit full size Fords from 1980-1996. I'm not really interested in the light bar itself, I don't think it would fit my first gen, but I really want the five lights it the person has on it. I'm assuming their Canadian Tire specials at $30-$40 a pair so they're worth $100 brand new. I figure in used condition they should lose some value, right? So I emailed the guy and asked if he would sell the light separately for $50. He comes back and says the bar is useless without the lights and would give me the whole setup for $100. I don't feel like I have any use for the bar I just want the lights. So should I haggle him down some more or do I pay $100 for five crappy Can Tire lights? Here are the pictures posted with the ad;

Old 04-28-2012, 07:51 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Buy it all and re sell bar for 50
Might have to sit on it for awhile...but you would have your lights

Old 04-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

Those lights are worth around $20 a set at WalMart. They arent bad lights really. But if youre gonna spend the $100 on them, Id go buy brand new ones.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:29 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tripovermyego
Those lights are worth around $20 a set at WalMart. They arent bad lights really. But if youre gonna spend the $100 on them, Id go buy brand new ones.
yeah those look like those baha ones autozone has also. and as ego said they are 19.99 at autozone or advance.

i had a light bar similar to that, it was a universal made to sit in your rain gutters like his is... basically you just cut it down to size so itll fit in any vehicle any size as long as you have the gutters to put it in. i sold my complete set up like his for i think 100 also. i hated the light bar, especially on a offroad truck it hits way to many trees

Old 04-28-2012, 11:29 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Carr makes brackets that attatch to the door frame to use gutter mount light bars.

I run a carr rotobar, it folds down so the lights don't catch every limb.

That bar is either a cheap one or homemade. The ends look welded on and to shorten it to fit a blazer is gonna require some welding. Those lights while ok aint worth buying used. Unless the guy comes down off the $100 I would pass. If it was a better bar or better lights maybe but it is what it is.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Starting Member
91chevywt is an unknown quantity at this point

The lights can be found for $20 a pair new all day in big box stores. Probably could order then pretty cheap from Amazon or Ebay, too. They're not even that great, I have a pair and they're pretty weak. More for looks than anything.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Beginning Member
Crunch is on a distinguished road

Alright cool. That's what I was thinking the lights are fairly cheap brand new anyway. I got back to him saying that the when I had originally offered $50 for the lights that would have made them $10 a piece. When he came back with $100, by my math that would have made them $20 a piece. So I asked him if he would meet me in the middle and come down to $75 for everything as I told him I wouldn't be using the bar because it won't fit my truck. Which I hadn't planned on doing anyway. I'm thinking I'm gunna be going to buy some steel and building a roof rack... regardless he doesn't need to know that and I'm currently waiting on a reply.

Thanks guys for all your input.