General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Sourcing OEM parts: Thottle body air duct and 4x4 inner-fender splash guards

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 10:22 AM
Starting Member
RedValor is on a distinguished road
Default Sourcing OEM parts: Thottle body air duct and 4x4 inner-fender splash guards

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble trying to source some OEM parts to replace on my 2002, 2-door, 4x4 Blazer. Anyone know any lesser-known places to find these?

Throttle body air duct
I did a tune up recently and found that there is an air leak on this component. Mainly the o-ring that squishes around the throttle body. I tried sealing it with some eletrical tape, but pulling it off to do other maintance afterwards lead to trouble. I damaged the o-ring trying to pull it back off and I'm looking to replace that at the very least or the whole air duct if necessary. So far I only found one here https://www.gmpartscenter.net/v-2002...ne--air-intake. I'm just not entirely sure if the air duct includes the o-ring or not. I rather just replace the o-ring, but that's been hard to find and I don't know if any rubber o-ring would work. This OEM one is a steel ring it feels like; no flexibility.

Inner-fender splash guards for 4x4
I ran a compression test recently on all 6 cylinders. To make it easier to work with, I used my trim removal tool to pop off these fiber splash guards that shield the exhaust manifold from the wheel well. They're mostly in tact, but falling apart regardless, so I'm look to replace these. I've found nothing so far searching the typical auto store chains, rock auto, LMC truck, and GM Part Center. This may be an after market solution, but I'm not sure where to look.

Found some. When in doubt, ebay.

Last edited by RedValor; 04-10-2022 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-11-2022, 03:46 PM
Starting Member
BlazerDog97S10 is on a distinguished road

Yeah the front splash shields I got were from Ebay also. For the back ones I got a sheet of 1/8" thick rubber and used the old ones as a template.

As far as the air duct ring is concerned...I've tried looking for that exact ring online but with no luck.

Best place to get OEM parts are scrap yards I've found. I took a day trip to my local Pick-N-Pull and basically stripped everything I could off all the compatible Blazers/S10's there. I even got the air duct to throttle body with a good seal.

I use an APP called "Row52" to help locate vehicles in these scrap places.