General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Tow Cables

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 02:41 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

no doubt! lol that's insane. but **** for $20+tax i'm not pissin n moanin about that and it looks like any other normal nylon sling strap really. hopefully i'll get a chance to test it out this winter lol

Old 12-22-2010, 03:46 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by UberFail
living in canada - at a store called Princess Auto....

Princess Auto-FTW!

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Oh man. Princess auto lol. We just got a new one. Old one had everything laying on the floor and no one knew anything there. New one is soooo nice. Organized and like 5 isles of surplus lol. I'll be getting the after Christmas.

that new Barrie store is the 2nd nicest location in S.O. (Mississauga being the biggest/most organized/cleanest). but they're Surplus section is more like 7 or 8 isles Brad, nearly 1/2 of that whole side. (probaly see you up there during the Christmas/New Years week)

just a little FYI, if you're gonna be assisting anyone, you're best to invest in a double mini "J" hook (and a shackle to connect it to the strap). it's so much easier to get an anchor on the stuck vehicle with that, than trying to find a spot for a plain ol' hook.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:13 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
Princess Auto-FTW!

that new Barrie store is the 2nd nicest location in S.O. (Mississauga being the biggest/most organized/cleanest). but they're Surplus section is more like 7 or 8 isles Brad, nearly 1/2 of that whole side. (probaly see you up there during the Christmas/New Years week)

just a little FYI, if you're gonna be assisting anyone, you're best to invest in a double mini "J" hook (and a shackle to connect it to the strap). it's so much easier to get an anchor on the stuck vehicle with that, than trying to find a spot for a plain ol' hook.
Give me a ringle. Theres a trail leading from my road to the back door of it lol. I'm like a minute away.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:50 PM

got a place in mind where i could score the hooks ?? maybe a pic too so i know what exactly ur talking about?

btw i checked it out today - the strap is 30ft x 4inch "tow" strap rated 22,000 lbs.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:41 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

ummm..........Uber, who was that hook question for?

Old 12-24-2010, 02:23 AM

welp since u posted last suggesting to get a double mini "J" hook, i suppose the question is directed at you old skool luvr.... lol

Old 12-24-2010, 02:37 AM
BF Guru

sorry Uber, brain-fart there.

i got mine from a towing supply company down the road from where i used to work.

it was only $25 (if i remember correctly) i'll pm you a pic of it, so you know what you're looking for. i'll try to remmeber to do that tomorrow.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:20 AM
Beginning Member
S10SUV is on a distinguished road

I've got a serious tow rope that I've used 2 x to recover the Blazer when it was going through BCM problems. Had to get my wife to pull me in her 2.0 TDI Landrover Freelander n she'd never towed before!!! It survived with no signs of failing. It is 4M long made of 3in webbing, double stitched, has a 4000Kg limit with snap hook ends, and is elasticated to avoid droop. This is a UK bought item made in Holland, but I'm sure you should be able to get similar in US.

FYI - last week I came across some Cargo Boss recovery straps with loops in Home Depot rated at 15K LBS for about $25.

Last edited by S10SUV; 01-19-2011 at 06:38 AM. Reason: additional information