General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What to do/check first

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Beginning Member
mfd70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What to do/check first

I'm not a big fan of oil burners so have never considered one, there is an Isuzu model availible in the UK, not called bighorn though, and the earlier ones had a really good diesel engine, so good their were reports of engine thefts ! But the later models changed to another type of engine which was not so popular. I had a Land Rover Discovery 2.5Tdi once and it was poor, pedestrians could beat it off the mark ! Later Land Rovers have a five cylinder Audi turbo diesel engine and these are much better, don't know how easy to get or ship one to the 'states would be.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Beginning Member
mfd70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What to do/check first

Just an update for those who are interested... Almost three weeks after paying my deposit, still no Blazer ! The garage still has it due to the ABS warning light being on continously ! It has passed the MOT so ABS must be working, although the rear brakes were binding, but sorting this problem has not got rid of the ABS warning. I'm actually quite glad the garage is sorting this out and not me, but I wonder whether this means I may have brake problems in the future and I really want to get my hands on this truck since we've had the worst snow for 20 years here and I'd like to try out the Blazer before it all melts !