General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 12:05 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Bandaid muffler repair until summer....

Bandaid muffler...

Year and a half old pos...

Old 02-08-2019, 10:56 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Mine was a year and a half old too, on our '93 Volvo 940. More holes under that strap, plus a few more up top.

Parts are utter garbage today ...

Old 02-08-2019, 08:45 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like the muffler on my '77 Chevy C10 pickup. The plus is that my straight 6 250 sounds like a 440 now...

Old 02-09-2019, 08:13 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Well I FINALLY got the driver's side Cady seat swapped in.

All brackets were made to bolt together (no welding needed) using some flat stock steel and the lower feet from a Bravada seat track (scavenged from a ruined seat, don't be thinking a destroyed good ones lol), and spliced the same Bravada seat plug into the Cady seat so it just plugs into the body side harness of the Blazer on the floor. It literally drops in and plugs in and works.

And MY GOD is it comfortable compared to the factory Blazer cloth seat. The power adjustments give a TON of room for movement, so much that it'll put my knees into the dash at full moved forward position AND pull my feet several inches away from even being able to even touch the pedals at full moved back position. And the high adjustment on them can come within inches of making my head (and the headrest of the seat) from touching the roof, and I'm not that tall!

My only complaint at the moment is that even at it's full lowered position, it's still a little high, but it's not unusable by any means, and it might actually be better to sit up a little higher and get a little better vision, because like I mentioned I'm not a very tall person lol.

And don't mind the dusty dirty center console in the pics... I literally laid it in there to get the placement of the seat right. It's not mounted yet. Going to pull it out and clean it up and mount it down hopefully tomorrow. And will probably worry about the passenger seat next weekend.

Even mounted the seat belt to the seat and passed it through the opening in the Cady seat for a cleaner factory look.

Full height up and about mid way through front to back movement; it'll actually go another 5-6 inches back:

Full height up and all the way forward:

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 02-09-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:03 PM
BF Veteran

Let me know when you sell...

Old 02-10-2019, 04:58 AM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road

Hi. Great job. I would like to know more information about the conversion. i have been wanting to do what you just did for several years but didnt know where to look. Can I ask. Which vehicle donated the seats you installed?. You said plug play. Any additional wiring needed for the power?(I am not quite sure there is a connector under my existing seat to accommodate a power seat to plug into). I would like to knows which make and year seats fit so well

Conversion looks very nice

PM me if you would like

Old 02-10-2019, 07:20 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Man, I need to find some of those caddy seats now! I'll keep my eyes open to any close options. (I wanna work in a salvage yard, dag nabbit! )

I went to the man mall today, during 5 plus inches of snowfall.
Found some good stuff, including a stock jack out of a ZR2 blazer.
I had been looking for one cause it lifts higher than the standard stock jack.

Now, this is just for emergency situations on the road, as I use a 3 ton hydraulic jack at home.

Old 02-10-2019, 07:29 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Man, I need to find some of those caddy seats now! I'll keep my eyes open to any close options. (I wanna work in a salvage yard, dag nabbit! )

I went to the man mall today, during 5 plus inches of snowfall.
Found some good stuff, including a stock jack out of a ZR2 blazer.
I had been looking for one cause it lifts higher than the standard stock jack.

Now, this is just for emergency situations on the road, as I use a 3 ton hydraulic jack at home.
Score! Now I have to that on my list of things to get.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:31 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by donald_archer
Hi. Great job. I would like to know more information about the conversion. i have been wanting to do what you just did for several years but didnt know where to look. Can I ask. Which vehicle donated the seats you installed?. You said plug play. Any additional wiring needed for the power?(I am not quite sure there is a connector under my existing seat to accommodate a power seat to plug into). I would like to knows which make and year seats fit so well

Conversion looks very nice

PM me if you would like
I'm going to make a new thread that goes further into detail

Originally Posted by christine_208
Score! Now I have to that on my list of things to get.
For real, I didn't know the ZR2 jack was any different, but it does make since. Very interesting sir!

Got my new console cleaned up and mounted down today

Now I just need to CAD up some brackets to 3D print and mount my CB into the open hole. I want to design some that will let the small Uniden CB radio side and lock in like the factory tape deck does. That's the plan anyhow...

​​​​​​​

Old 02-11-2019, 09:42 AM
BF Veteran

I wish I would've thought about the jack, I've seen a few zr2s but never thought about the jack, would be good considering I got the lift on it...

loving the caddy setup... very nice... looks stock too...

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?