General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 07:58 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cleburne red
Well, I stepped around mine this morning when I went out through the garage to go to work. Does that count? Lol

It's been in there for almost a week, patiently waiting for the tcase rebuild kit to arrive from rock auto
looks like you could use some custom zr2 flares

Old 03-05-2019, 08:05 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
looks like you could use some custom zr2 flares
But how could I throw mud all over the side of the truck every time I drove through a puddle, then?

Old 03-05-2019, 08:42 PM
BF Veteran

Work a little harder!!! Lol, I still get mud on the sides with mine, not as easily tho. But I hear ya!

Old 03-05-2019, 09:00 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
Shoot, I assumed those caddy seats had heat already!
You know you would think that lol but apparently not all of them do.

No worries though. There's an ignition on 12v+ in the seat plug for what I can only assume is factory heated seats. I tied into that so it's all using a factory Blazer plug, the relay that actually kicks the heating elements on is mounted to the bottom side of the seat, and I just mounted the high/low switch to control them to the plastic shrouding on the side of the seat. Came out pretty slick I think, and it works great! Drove to work with toasty buns this morning

Old 03-06-2019, 05:39 PM
BF Veteran

Got some more goodies from the internet. Glad I dont have to pay store prices lol.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:28 PM
BF Veteran

Got some more goodies from the internet. Glad I dont have to pay store prices lol.
Ah, doing the ol lower intake gaskets, huh?

Old 03-06-2019, 07:33 PM
BF Veteran

Yes sir... hope it helps with some issues... itll be my first, so gotta watch some videos, and gets tips...

Old 03-06-2019, 10:06 PM
BF Veteran

Yes sir... hope it helps with some issues... itll be my first, so gotta watch some videos, and gets tips...
Eh, it's easy. The only hard part is getting the dist stabbed back in right.

​​​​​​Aligning the oil pump drive took me forever, I had to use a long piece of #10 wire bent 90° on the end, and put my phone on the lower intake with the camera and flashlight on to see down the hole. While you're on your hands and knees litteraly on top of the engine lol

Also, take your hood off. It's only two 13mm bolts, and makes it so much easier to do

Old 03-06-2019, 11:54 PM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

Added aftermarket keyless entry today. My 98 blazer already had electric door locks so was not to hard, tossed in horn beep on lock/unlock and marker light flash with interior light on. Thought about the whole remote start thing and add alarm but at this age and the hassle decided against it. Actually a bargain, $22 dollar amazon open box special Avital 2101L. Seems like someone bought it, open boxed, in over head and returned it. Works for me. Only extra was a relay for horn. Amazingly it all works first time. WOW!

Old 03-07-2019, 10:04 AM
Beginning Member
9702BlazerStyle is on a distinguished road

Today I'm gonna change the air filter and try out my new bluetooth scan tool. Maybe my ses light will stay off then lol

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?