General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 06:43 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richphotos
I know I knowwwwww
i must tell.

dads blazer....check...

found total 3" drop kit for 80.....check..
friends gonna spray it hotrod black for free....check.
kept the rare rims etc....check.
gonna order 132.00 in like 400 worth of maintenance items off rockauto...tomorrow.
gonna debadge it,remove the roof rack etc.
gonna replace the whole blue interior with BLACK.

Cant WAIT....i might go hid too if i got money left. got this for steal (cheaper then i thought)

Old 02-17-2014, 03:48 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Today I started the fun process of finally soldering up the other board for the front lights, I want to get these done and in.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:18 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I will finally have photos and video of the switchback LED's I am building for the jimmy... FINALLY have had time to work on them

Old 02-18-2014, 06:49 AM
Beginning Member
pocherin is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
I will finally have photos and video of the switchback LED's I am building for the jimmy... FINALLY have had time to work on them
Can you upload those pics?

Old 02-18-2014, 07:47 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Buying stuff for mods, but to much snow and no garage to put them on. Warmer weather over a course of a couple of weekends

Old 02-18-2014, 01:40 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by pocherin
Can you upload those pics?
i have already uploaded video. As for me saying "will finally have photos and video" that will be when I get them installed in the truck hopefully by thursday.

Last edited by richphotos; 02-18-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:53 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

^make me some.

So..today i went to the dmv,got my tag transferred and title done for the 2 door. Spent 2 hours cleaning my dads blazer i got off him out. (imagine 2 years of electrical work truck never touched.) ugh.

I put in my tools,and $200 worth of stuff i got for it. I also put a 3.73 rear end in the trunk,which il be installing friday. its got 3.08s in it. its sooooo sluggy. my last one had 3.42 so im a lil spoiled.

Tomorrow il be doing the wheel bearings (which i did a year ago,using those pos drivework bearings from advanceauto) and they are already humming.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:35 PM
Starting Member
offroadsandimports is on a distinguished road

got new speakers, flushed the radiatior, screwed the door handle back in, and that is it. Nothing that helps me though.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:36 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by chris015
^make me some.

So..today i went to the dmv,got my tag transferred and title done for the 2 door. Spent 2 hours cleaning my dads blazer i got off him out. (imagine 2 years of electrical work truck never touched.) ugh.

I put in my tools,and $200 worth of stuff i got for it. I also put a 3.73 rear end in the trunk,which il be installing friday. its got 3.08s in it. its sooooo sluggy. my last one had 3.42 so im a lil spoiled.

Tomorrow il be doing the wheel bearings (which i did a year ago,using those pos drivework bearings from advanceauto) and they are already humming.
Same price as the tails, but you would not want these either, if NC is picky about lighting laws

Old 02-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Starting Member
01 Jimmy SLE is on a distinguished road

Did a simple oil change today. May not even seem like it's worth posting about, but after doing a few projects that aren't as straight forward as taking something apart and putting something back together.. it's a big deal!
I recently installed RC's 2.5 lift, where I found that I needed a new drivers side axle.. then had to torch the keys.. then had to find a new tbar adjuster bolt.. then needed an alignment, and so on!
An oil change that went as planned and did not need any further work was quite a nice change!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?