General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:55 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Damn, If it was a sunroof I'd be all over it lol. J/K
funny guy!

it figure though, i've gone well over a year without seeing another truck with the factory moon roof, and in a week i find two!

Old 03-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Just finished replacing the PITA oil cooler line that runs to the engine. Replaced the one to the rad a month ago, which was pretty easy to do, but this one was a major pain to replace. had to lift the motor off the mounts to get to the damn thing. gotta love gm design.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

Starting either today or tomorrow er sometime this wknd, ill be replacing: inner and outer tierods, and upper and lower balljoints IF its needed. I dont get any in out movement at all with the tire off the ground @ 12-6, but i asked my buddy for a 2nd opinion and will find out tonight

also on the agenda, rear shocks and fuel filter (which is nicely rusted on the bolt end)

I did the A/C bypass and serp belt yesterday

Old 03-19-2010, 02:33 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

I removed all the sticker stuff left over from the trim! Man it looks nice with no trim. I also washed it.

Last edited by CraigSnedeker; 03-19-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:52 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Looks awfully dirty in the pic if you washed it

Old 03-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Beginning Member
Hezzu is on a distinguished road

Cleaned the interior of my LS. And ran out of armor all before I was finished.. Had to use the houses built in vac to get rid of the dog hair and remnants of kids. ewww. had to take the center console out to get it all.
tomorrow possibly tackling the outside. if the weather holds.. (knocks on wood).

Old 03-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Beginning Member
raza514 is on a distinguished road

Got an air compressor and four 6 inches fog lamps. But gonna get em installed in few days. Suggestions are welcomed....

Last edited by raza514; 03-19-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:45 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't do anything to it other than put gas in it and drive some. But I did buy something for my blazer. I found a set of zr2 rims on craigslist for $75 and bought them today. Plan on running these with 31 inch mud tires for offroading and winter. Keeping the camaro wheels for the summer. I love taking nasty rims and makin them pretty agian.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:38 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
Just finished replacing the PITA oil cooler line that runs to the engine........................ had to lift the motor off the mounts to get to the damn thing. gotta love gm design.
really? while i've yet to do them on a 2nd gen (which isn't any different) i've done plenty of the 1st gen's, and never had to do that. mind you i did have to rotate them 180* to get them out.

well............i just finished doing an inspection on the rear disc's, found out what the noise i started hearing yesterday was.

first, i found out that for some reason my RR inner pad has been worn right down to the steel backing plate. really strange since everything-and i mean everything-is BN back there. well BN about 6 weeks after i bought it @ Christmas/08. but the other 3 pads (LR & RR outer) have all the same amount of wear on them.

hmmmm...............just dawned on me that that's what happend before-the reason that i replaced everything back then. RR inner pad worn down to steel & cracked the piston. outer pad was only an 1/8" thick-so much for that safety inspection eh!

lucky for me i had a new set of pads and fresh rotors sitting in the shop.

second, i did a PB srevice out back. don't really know why i've seen people bitchin' about how hard they are to work on. and while doing that i've finally figured out which cable is seizing. so that cable and new PB shoe (rings ?) are gonna be done soon too.

isn't Spring weather wonderful?

Old 03-19-2010, 07:38 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
Looks awfully dirty in the pic if you washed it
Old pic ^^ didn't feel like taking a new one lol

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?