General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 07:17 PM
Beginning Member
blazerbeast01 is on a distinguished road
Default Just cleaning headlights with trans fluid

So a buddy at work said he was under the hood of a car and got some trans fluid on the headlight grabbed a towel to get it off and it took most of the fog away . So I jumped on the idea of it and it works pretty good never heard of this before so I thocught to post it ( hope I'm not under a rock and just to late ) lmao

Old 05-30-2015, 10:06 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Yeah it works until it gets dust stuck all over it. I did that on a '00 Focus we had before - used either brake fluid or tranny fluid - can't remember. Didn't last though - a couple heavy rainstorms and it's back to fog, if I remember right.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:41 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Front brakes.

Old 05-30-2015, 10:20 PM
Beginning Member
blazerbeast01 is on a distinguished road

Lol it was worth a try , I knew it wouldn't last just didn't know how long and thought it looked good as of right now so just threw the idea out there ....

Old 05-30-2015, 11:28 PM
Beginning Member
tlamana is on a distinguished road

Driving home I noticed the hood was bouncing. I thought that I might not have shut it properly the last time I checked fluids. When I got home I found that the assembly had worked loose from the hood. I had to run the bolts up, shut the hood so it aligned properly then retorque the bolts.

There are little things that need to be done but lack of funding makes it a frustrating experience.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:45 PM
stevieray is on a distinguished road

Just got a 97 Jimmy, was leaking at the rear of the lower intake manifold gasket,
My brother who is an awesome mechanic came over today and changed the upper and lower gaskets in less than 3 hours!

Old 06-01-2015, 05:34 PM
ski9600 is on a distinguished road
Default body side moulding

Hi, so I went to Napa today asking what do about the body side moulding falling off. There are two 3M products, one is an adhesive and the other two sided tape. They recommended removing the moulding and cleaning it all up, and then re-applying the moulding. I think if I'm going to go through all of the removing process and cleaning the paint, I'd rather leave the moulding off. What do you think? 2000 S10 Blazer, blue 125 k miles no rust.

And if I do put it back on, any tricks for getting it perfectly aligned and the correct height?

Last edited by ski9600; 06-01-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:35 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ski9600
Hi, so I went to Napa today asking what do about the body side moulding falling off. There are two 3M products, one is an adhesive and the other two sided tape. They recommended removing the moulding and cleaning it all up, and then re-applying the moulding. I think if I'm going to go through all of the removing process and cleaning the paint, I'd rather leave the moulding off. What do you think? 2000 S10 Blazer, blue 125 k miles no rust.
leave it off, looks much better

Old 06-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

If parking in CO is anything like parking in MA, I'd leave them on - they save your doors alot of dings ...

On my Silverado I found these chrome inlays that stick on top of the moldings - made the whole truck look 10x better.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-66-chevy-pickup-silverado-towing.jpg  
Old 06-02-2015, 07:51 AM
TZFBird is on a distinguished road

Last night I started painting all the screwed up areas on the body. It's not the best but it looks better than spots that have been worked on and are just primer. I got the lower plastic fenders behind the rear wheels done last night. They are just some clear and a quick wet sand away from done.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?