General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 03:59 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Thogert
2010 F150 Lariat FX4 Leather Crew cab yadda yadda.

Pretty nice, got a good deal on it too. Still kept the Coly though.
I`m gonna puke

Old 12-03-2016, 08:00 AM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

I got a 2010 XLT brand new years ago... Was a decent truck, just didn't like the payments :P It's long since gone now...

Yes that is a side pipe you see. Strait off the cat into a glass-pack when dumped out in front of the rear tire. It was pretty dang loud lol but I liked it!

I had a vision... never got around to doing it... partially because my paycheck was going just to keep driving the dang truck...

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-ddef996a.jpg  

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 12-03-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
And you have officially been disinvited from the forum!

JK I have looked at a couple Furds myself lately. Details?
Don't feel guilty - I replaced the Blazer with a '93 Volvo 940 for the winter beater.

Wife commutes quite a distance to work, and this thing doesn't break ... or rust!

Still have my '07 Silverado though. It's a garage queen most of the time, but when I do use it, I work it. 88k on it now - bought it brand new almost 10 years ago. Time sure does fly ...

That said, I'm done with GM after owning that thing. Long painful story of crap quality, expensive parts ...

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_6134.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-silverado-new-westin-step-rails-2-.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-fullsizeoutput_7e0.jpeg  
Old 12-03-2016, 10:25 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Well, Hey guys. Long time no talk! I've been a bit busy. I actually just sold my Jimmy. I delivered it to it's new owners last Saturday. 2 guys bought it to split on parts. She still ran mint, needed brakes and tires. I hated seeing it go.

Here's her all loaded up with my current truck

Here's the new truck when I had 35s on it

And here's just a shot of mine and a couple buddies trucks. I run a facebook group with over 1600 members. All trucks, SUVs and jeeps. There's a few old BlazerForum members in it. If anyone is from Simcoe County, Look it up. Just called Simcoe County Trucks.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-20161126_140335.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-truck_1.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-trucks.jpg  
Old 12-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Thogert
May have bought a ford...
I've driven a little bit of everything over the years. If experience has taught me anything it's that they all have their issues.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Beginning Member
Ridge is on a distinguished road

I had scheduled to get a replacement windshield, since mine was badly cracked and the mirror bracket broke off while adjusting it.

The Safelite guy just left, he mentioned the rust visible above the seal and said that if there was more under the seal, they couldn't put glass in, even the old one. So I would have been without a windshield at all. I think there's a pretty good chance there is more rust under there, so I cancelled the install.

Old 12-03-2016, 02:29 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Set up an appointment to get new tires on the TB. Going to be getting Cooper Discoverer RTX

Old 12-04-2016, 06:29 AM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Programmed my new key fob. Now I don't have to unlock the door with the key in the dark. Bought it on ebay for $13.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Beginning Member

Got a new windshield put on. She failed emissions again, running too rich. I swapped out the plugs, wires and distributor, hopefully that does it! Also, got some upgraded headlights in today...

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-o047piah.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-mh7oswmh.jpg  
Old 12-09-2016, 07:35 PM
Beginning Member

The truck finally passed emissions today, 3rd attempt. And by a wide margin, to boot! I can finally focus my time on nagging issues regarding convenience, such as neither dome light activating, and fixing the lack of lighting in the HVAC panel.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?