General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

The only thing I did to my Blazer today was came to a conclusion..

The main bearings along with the whole lower end have been sitting for a year in a bath of oil and coolant. Amazed it still runs without some serious knocking going on.

But came to the conclusion that it's just going to get a replacement engine. Going straight past LIM and Head gaskets and just having the whole dang thing swapped out. Because I have this feeling that the minute I put any sort of stress on this engine , a bearing is gonna go BANG..

Until I amass the funds for that , there's plenty to get done...

Old 12-06-2017, 08:00 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

I think that's a good choice. Odds are you would have an issue pretty quickly after having the coolant mixing around in there for so long.

I got my new drivers side upper control arm on after having to drill the bushings out, because they were a tenth of an inch too small for some reason...and got the shock and balljoint hooked back up. Finally off the lift(one week later)

Old 12-09-2017, 08:36 PM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

Confirmed my suspicion today and also justified my decision for a replacement engine... Misfire on 1,2 and 4 , cylinder 2 is dead, no compression.

Also been reading up on 2002 Blazers with RPO: CTF ....Blazer was delivered to me without any radio at all. Just glad I did my due diligence and research prior to getting a harness and dash kit. RPO: CTF is one of GM's entertaining mid year curve *****.

Will keep learning all I can about some of this Blazers quirks until I get enough stashed away to place an order with LKQ..

Old 12-09-2017, 10:06 PM
Starting Member
2004 Blazer is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=jone531@bellsouth.net;683553]Confirmed one of GM's entertaining mid year curve *****.
I am rebuilding the 4L60E transmission on a 2004 Blazer,I had to purchase a special "TORX+" T-50 bit for the bellhousing bolts. I stripped one out after already trying to use a regular T-50 bit. It just so happens that the 4L60E changed to a molded front pump seal mid year requiring the bellhousing to be removed, as it provides the clamping of the seal. I dodged a bullet and have the "old" style pump seal ... whew !! I did not need to remove it. The rebuild kit was missing one of the bearings and I had to order a separator plate due to the common check ball damage. This transmission will not be adapted for use with an LS engine easily. New tool, no use ! Yet.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Beginning Member
marty68 is on a distinguished road

left wiper arm decided to not play nice with right wiper arm..... i simply had to tighten nut down it took nearly one full turn. plan was to remove arm and slide 2 pieces of welding wire between arm and spline.
also contemplating an eventual 4.8/4l60e swap.. already have engine trans. it was intended for 68chev short step

Old 12-12-2017, 01:20 PM
ski9600 is on a distinguished road

I replaced the battery today. It went smoove, and I was out of there in like 45 minutes.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:18 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Got the last coats of color sprayed on the winch mount. Will be able to bolt it on finally!...

Old 12-12-2017, 07:04 PM
SJP
Beginning Member
SJP is on a distinguished road

I got research done. LOL. Took me a while to identify the correct rear bearings and seals for my '01 LT. Will tackle that repair in a few days.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:59 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Last time this thing is mocked up before being bolted on permanently. It'll come off one more time to actually install the winch and fab a shield to protect the oil filter from the winch. Fits like a glove!

Old 12-13-2017, 06:26 PM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Last time this thing is mocked up before being bolted on permanently. It'll come off one more time to actually install the winch and fab a shield to protect the oil filter from the winch. Fits like a glove!

Looks really great! Did you purchase it as a direct fit and if so, what other years would it fit. I like it. Gives you what you need but doesn't take away from the aesthetics of the vehicle. Kind of like a "sleeper"!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?